Author Topic: Did Obama name his VeeP?  (Read 12595 times)

agricola

• friend
Re: Did Obama name his VeeP?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 10:20:25 AM »
anyone watching the Springfield speech?  Obama:

"Let me introduce the next President.... Vice President, Joe Biden!"

grin
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »

grin

The new slogan:

Obama 08-Change through Continuity.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 10:53:17 AM »

grin

The new slogan:

Obama 08-Change through Continuity.

They had to use that as Mao trademarked "Continuous Revolution", iirc.

grin
"Make peace, you fools"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »
He really didn't pick Biden did he ??

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 01:02:33 PM »
Here's one of Biden's answers to questions posed to him in the 2004 South Carolina Primary debate:

Q: How many of you, in your adult lifetime, have had a gun in the house?
[Show of hands]: Senator Gravel, Senator Biden, Senator Dodd, Governor Richardson, Congressman Kucinich.
Q: Sen. Biden, what could the federal government have done to save those kids at Virginia Tech?
A: What they could have done is three things.
In the so-called Biden crime bill, we put 100,000 cops on the street. I've worked with law enforcement for the past 30 years, with armor-piercing bullets, waiting periods, etc. But the one thing that's clear: We should not have let the assault weapons ban lapse.
We should close this so-called gun show loophole, so you can't go into a gun show and buy a gun that you couldn't buy walking into a gun shop.
We have let the country down in the way in which we have not focused on mental illness. We should know that your kid is safe at college. If teachers determine that a child is a danger, the school should be able to take them off the campus.

The usual Brady talking points, which have earned him a much-deserved "F" rating from every national gun group.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
Here's one of Biden's answers to questions posed to him in the 2004 South Carolina Primary debate:

[Show of hands]: Senator Gravel, Senator Biden, Senator Dodd, Governor Richardson, Congressman Kucinich.
Q: Sen. Biden, what could the federal government have done to save those kids at Virginia Tech?
In the so-called Biden crime bill, we put 100,000 cops on the street. I've worked with law enforcement for the past 30 years, with armor-piercing bullets, waiting periods, etc. But the one thing that's clear: We should not have let the assault weapons ban lapse.
We should close this so-called gun show loophole, so you can't go into a gun show and buy a gun that you couldn't buy walking into a gun shop.
We have let the country down in the way in which we have not focused on mental illness. We should know that your kid is safe at college. If teachers determine that a child is a danger, the school should be able to take them off the campus.

The usual Brady talking points, which have earned him a much-deserved "F" rating from every national gun group.

The problem is that McCain will have a tough time attacking Biden on plans that McCain has vocally supported in the past.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »
Biden!!!
LOL!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

agricola

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »

The problem is that McCain will have a tough time attacking Biden on plans that McCain has vocally supported in the past.

No offence but I would have thought that, given the candidates, 2a will not be an issue this election.  
"Make peace, you fools"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »

Is this guy stupid or hard of hearing Huh?

VT shooter did not use an "assault weapon" and he did in fact buy his guns by walking into a gun store.  rolleyes

The third item (not quoted) at least had some relevance to the question.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
Let's just be happy that they totally screwed up this text message thing that was supposed to be such a brilliant move.   cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »

Hate to nitpick here, but Virgina Tech happened April 16, 2007.

That said, that SOB authored the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, of which the AWB was part of.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
It's ok to pick nits. It was the 2007 primary. You can even look it up. Wink

You can tell that Biden is a died-in-the-wool anti. Only the True Believers trot out the AW ban when the weapons used were ordinary-looking firearms.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing that more news stories are mentioning the SKS when reporting on a shooting. My guess is that they're going to try to add those to the new AWB if they get a shot at it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
"VT shooter did not use an "assault weapon" and he did in fact buy his guns by walking into a gun store."

And that matters to that crew.... how?

Oh, silly me, it doesn't.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 08:15:08 PM »
It's ok to pick nits. It was the 2007 primary. You can even look it up. Wink

You can tell that Biden is a died-in-the-wool anti. Only the True Believers trot out the AW ban when the weapons used were ordinary-looking firearms.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing that more news stories are mentioning the SKS when reporting on a shooting. My guess is that they're going to try to add those to the new AWB if they get a shot at it.

There were already news stories a while back from LA claiming that it was the number one gang weapon of choice, a fact they pulled out of their posterior.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 10:56:02 PM »
There were already news stories a while back from LA claiming that it was the number one gang weapon of choice, a fact they pulled out of their posterior.

Odd, the FBI thinks it's 9mm and .22 handguns, followed by ordinary 12 guages.  FBI isn't always pro-2A, but at least they have the courtsey not to lie through their teeth on their stats.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 12:11:07 AM »
Here's hoping the nutroots riot in Denver!

Hey, let's hope not! Some of us have to live here, y'know.  sad
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »
Biden was not hired to help win the election.  He was hired to keep O'Bama from falling on his *ss should he luck up and win the election.  O'Bama knows nothing about inside baseball DC.  Biden knows just about everything, at least on his side of the isle.  Which tells me O'Bama is expecting major problems from his fellow party members.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 04:27:18 AM »
Here's hoping the nutroots riot in Denver!

Hey, let's hope not! Some of us have to live here, y'know.  sad

Aw come on where's your sense of adventure? You'd get to live the ever present THR mutant zombie SHTF scenario. I'm thinking for these particular ones that paintballs filled with liquid bath soap backed up by a water cannon would be most effective.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

PremiumSauces

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »
Guys, here is my take on this choice - stupid, stupid, stupid.

To me, this proves that the Democrats at the national level and Obama just "don't get it" on guns, and why being anti-gun is a losing issue.

The REASON Biden was picked over Baye, et al, primarily, is because he's supposed to help deliver the blue collar states of Penn, Ohio, and Mich, right?  Due to Biden being a kinda populist, pro-union, kinda guy.

But yet Biden is *extremely* anti-gun-rights / anti-freedom, as we all know too well.  Biden is going to go over like a lead baloon in the huge hunting/gun states of Penn, Ohio, and Mich, when the NRA gets through with the collossally anti-gun Obama/Biden ticket.

If they lose (Obama/Biden), as I hope beyond all hope that they do, then I'm going on a massive campaign of "I told you so / How stupid can you get?" towards the Democratic party and my Democratic friends, since I like some of the things that that party stands for.  They need massive internal change at the leadership/national level on this issue.  How many times will they shoot themselves in the foot over this issue?  You'd have thunk they'd figured it out in 2000 when Al Gore could not even carry his own state of Tenn with its 11 electoral votes, due to him being anti-gun.  The Democrats remind me of Peter Griffin - they just cannot learn from history.

And of course, if these two jokers get in, then I'm all wet on my theory.  We shall see.  I know who I'm voting for....

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 07:03:01 AM »
You mean you know who you're voting against.  I'm right there with you.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2008, 07:12:01 AM »
I suspect Biden is no stranger to not only insider Washington but to insider Chicago as well.  What is Delaware but one large Tony Rezko-style fiefdom?

Biden is there to watch the kid, just as Cheney was.

I think politically it was a bum move for the Dems, but they owe who they owe, and that matters more than getting Hillary on the ticket to give them a better chance to win.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 07:20:16 AM »
A though just occurred  to me.  Political parties are amazingly foresighted in their ability to look into the next election and make a really good prognostication as to which party will be victorious and in which ways.  The result is one party will field a pretty strong candidate and party B will field a throw away.  Bob Dole comes to mind against Clinton and Dukakis rings a few bells in the Reagan election.  So it appears to me they intend to husband their prime timber for a time when circumstances are more favorable.

Here's my observation.  How is it we are now in an election whereby both parties are fielding at the same time throw away candidates.  Let's go further.  What did at least one of those parties add to the confusion by fielding a throw away (and has been thrown away in the past) veep candidate?  Are we watching the disintegration of the two party system (I can only hope) or is something else afoot.  McCain's selection should be interesting to say the least.  In his case one candidate will make all kinds of sense.  The others mentioned are klinkers just like the other three candidates.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
You think the Dem's see Obama as a throw-away?

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »

I really think that obama thinks he is Flash Gordon, "savior of the universe."  He thinks he can't be beat.  He thinks he could pick the dog catcher as VP and America is going vote him in as President.  I am waiting for him to have his Great Pumpkin moment and that will be the end of him.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »

I really think that obama thinks he is Flash Gordon, "savior of the universe."  He thinks he can't be beat.  He thinks he could pick the dog catcher as VP and America is going vote him in as President.  I am waiting for him to have his Great Pumpkin moment and that will be the end of him.

My hunch is Obama is so well coated in Teflon that he cannot lose.  It will be him and his fellow plagarist in office come Jan 20, 2009.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.