Author Topic: Obama's stage tonight...  (Read 12681 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Obama's stage tonight...
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:53:25 AM »
It has an elevator to lift him up, too. I suggest he should wear a toga and a wreath of arugula on his head.

From Kennedy's speech:

Ive seen him connect with people from every walk of life and with Senators on both sides of the aisle. With every person he meets, every crowd he inspires, and everyone he touches, he generates new hope that our greatest days as a nation are still ahead, and this generation of Americans, like others before us, can unite to meet our own rendezvous with destiny.

Just capitalize Him there, and the Dems will be all set...

lacoochee

Re: Obama's stage tonight...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »
Wow, add some pillars of light around the stadium and a bunch of adorers wearing the same shirt, take pictures in black and white and we would all recognize the venue.  Astounding...

In Germany it took losing a war, communist insurgencies, the great depression and utter desperation to get the German people to agree to the adulation of a POLITICIAN.

In this US it took 1 quarter of the economy barely growing (the seconds quarter grew at 3%), winning a war in both Afghanistan and Iraq with historically insignificant casualties and high gas prices?? and 40% of the population is willing to worship a POLITICIAN?Huh?  Are we really that weak? 

Maybe it's getting close to time for the reset button on this mess.
Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:45:55 AM »
Wow, add some pillars of light around the stadium and a bunch of adorers wearing the same shirt, take pictures in black and white and we would all recognize the venue.  Astounding...

In Germany it took losing a war, communist insurgencies, the great depression and utter desperation to get the German people to agree to the adulation of a POLITICIAN.

In this US it took 1 quarter of the economy barely growing (the seconds quarter grew at 3%), winning a war in both Afghanistan and Iraq with historically insignificant casualties and high gas prices?? and 40% of the population is willing to worship a POLITICIAN?Huh?  Are we really that weak? 

75,000 people are paying up to $1000 a ticket to adore him at this stadium event.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
and 40% of the population is willing to worship a POLITICIAN?

No, 40% of the population is willing to VOTE for him. THe amount of actual worshippers is much lower, I suspect.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:12:48 AM »
  Looks like the faithful have already gathered!  shocked
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lacoochee

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:21:38 AM »
Oops, forgot about the torches!!!  grin

Bet's on the number of lighters or candles that will be held up during the Sermon from The Rocky Mountains... rolleyes

Maybe 40% is to high but it's a big chunk anyways.

Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »
Who needs an elevator? 

Just let him descend from the clouds.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:25 AM »
Who needs an elevator? 

Heck, I would just like to see him ascend into the clouds Tongue
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 08:33:17 AM »
Who needs an elevator? 

Heck, I would just like to see him ascend into the clouds Tongue

Well, his head is already up there.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »

Well, his head is already up there.

His head is definitely "up" somewhere ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
Change/Hope, the new Seig Heil.  

Now in a new friendly, non-threatening package.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »
I'm not worried about Obama starting another world war.  I'm concerned that he won't finish it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »
Rush mentioned today that the stage was designed by the same guy who designed performance stages for Brittney Spears.

Quite literally.  He cited an article on the Washington Post and mentioned the guy's name, though I can't remember it right now.

The Hitler references are a bit weak, IMO.  I hate the guy almost as much as I hate McCain, but he ain't Hitler.  That stage looks nothing like Hitler's stage, either.  Hitler's amphitheatre in the provided picture is an imposing structure several hundred meters long, representing the strength of the reich, not necessarily that of Hitler himself.  Obama's stage looks like the cheap off-Broadway styrofoam prop that it is, and sits in a small corner of a football field, designed to put focus on Obama, not on the aparatus he wishes to pilot as President.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »
so who is thinking "Et tu Brutus?"

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 01:14:22 PM »

Hilary and Bill.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »

Not me.

Hillary may or may not be thinking 'Et tu, brute?' though.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »
It is missing an 18" Stonehenge mock up.

Derek Smalls: Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
David St. Hubbins: *NO*, we're not gonna @#%#$$# do "Stonehenge"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGbwIkvh38
 laugh
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
AZ Redhawk, it's not about the stage, it is about the audience. Same blind trust/obedience, same rapture in the theater of a charismatic figure distorting a nation's destiny to his own perverse scheme. I don't think Obama=Hitler, I just think his followers would have turned in every Jew on the block if he said to do it. They have forgotten America as much as Hitler's people forgot their basic human decency.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »
AZ Redhawk, it's not about the stage, it is about the audience. Same blind trust/obedience, same rapture in the theater of a charismatic figure distorting a nation's destiny to his own perverse scheme. I don't think Obama=Hitler, I just think his followers would have turned in every Jew on the block if he said to do it. They have forgotten America as much as Hitler's people forgot their basic human decency.

Read up about the excitement in Washington on the day of Old Hickory's inauguration.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »

In this US it took 1 quarter of the economy barely growing (the seconds quarter grew at 3%), winning a war in both Afghanistan and Iraq with historically insignificant casualties and high gas prices?? and 40% of the population is willing to worship a POLITICIAN?  Are we really that weak? 

Obamaism isn't the New Nazism; it's what PRODUCES Nazism.  It is the soft, mindless anteroom to the real, brutal thing itself.  Obama is the culmination of four decades of unreason, narcissism, and a too easy life built on all the wrong things.  But nature abhors a vacuum, especially this type of vacuum.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »

In this US it took 1 quarter of the economy barely growing (the seconds quarter grew at 3%), winning a war in both Afghanistan and Iraq with historically insignificant casualties and high gas prices?? and 40% of the population is willing to worship a POLITICIAN?  Are we really that weak? 

Obamaism isn't the New Nazism; it's what PRODUCES Nazism.  It is the soft, mindless anteroom to the real, brutal thing itself.  Obama is the culmination of four decades of unreason, narcissism, and a too easy life built on all the wrong things.

Four?

Try seven.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 05:51:17 PM »

That's a new record, I think.  Godwin's Law was invoked in the first reply.   Reductio ad Hitlerum if you want to sound more cultured.

Without touching any Nazi references, which I think are extremely overblown...    Seeing any politician as a messiah figure is deeply worrisome.  A thousand crooks cannot cause the damage of one 'saint'.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »
Sure, you start. grin
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »
Frankly, I don't think this speech would get an A in a good high school.  It's full of jumbled thoughts, bromides, and twisted facts.  God help America.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

S_O_Laban

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/obama_the_mysterious_s.html

Here's an interesting read on The Big O's  speech.  E =)njoy.