Author Topic: FBI "warned" about influencing election  (Read 12667 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
FBI "warned" about influencing election
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »
Drudge is reporting that there are 630k emails on the laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: FBI "warned" about influencing election
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 06:30:00 AM »
Of which 625,000 are probably pictures of Weiner's weiner being sent to underage girls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 06:59:13 AM »
We're hearing a lot of complaints regarding the email news "influencing the election" and being against policy.  You know what we're not hearing?  The same claims that we heard when the campaign knew the emails were deleted, "nothing but personal communication" was the cry back then.  I think there's something there.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 07:20:41 AM »
I would so like for there to be game ender for Hillary in this but I just can't see it.
I am however betting that it's going to be an interesting news day.
Assange has announced a new dump with info that should send Hillary to jail.
Again, pleasant daydream material but I'm not gonna holde my breath.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »
I would so like for there to be game ender for Hillary in this but I just can't see it.
I am however betting that it's going to be an interesting news day.
Again, pleasant daydream material but I'm not gonna holde my breath.

I agree with RKL.  The majority of the MSM has gone all-in for Hillary.  At this point Hillary could sacrifice a child on live TV and still get elected.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »
Heaven forbid the FBI nab a candidate for multiple felonies, and endangering national security. That may keep her from winning the highest office in the land! Can you imagine a world where we don't elect someone Commander-in-Chief, just because they criminally mishandled sensitive information? It's crazy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »

These days, everybody's releasing info that should send Hillary to jail.  Daily.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
Heaven forbid the FBI nab a candidate for multiple felonies, and endangering national security. That may keep her from winning the highest office in the land! Can you imagine a world where we don't elect someone Commander-in-Chief, just because they criminally mishandled sensitive information? It's crazy.

Agreed, how is -not- revealing that a candidate is under criminal investigation also not influencing an election...seems like hiding that fact is just as bad as revealing it...to a non-existent neutral observer.

HRC and Ilk in July: see, the emails aren't a big deal and the FBI said so and they are Unpolitical and independent and tell the truth always, so we just agree with them, and Comey rocks.

HRC and co now: the FBI is prejudiced against Hillary, and women, and is influencing the election and being political, and Comey should hang.

Comey: F-this, and F-you all.  <letter to congress>

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »

Allegedly, FBI didn't want to reverse itself because of epic excrement storm expected. But NYPD has the data off the laptop, not just the FBI. If/when the NYPD leaked said data, it would not look good for the FBI if they were caught sitting on this. Comey already admitted that Ms Clinton essentially broke the law, but the DOJ wasn't interested in prosecuting.

My prediction? Clinton still wins the election, and there is an epic excrement storm of whether the President can be prosecuted for criminals acts committed before becoming President. Proper answer is that the President can issue themselves a pardon, but Congress can still impeach. Who knows what we'd actually do. Presidents have tried to pull the "sovereign immunity" defense, but it hasn't been actually tested.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »
My prediction? Clinton still wins the election, and there is an epic excrement storm of whether the President can be prosecuted for criminals acts committed before becoming President. Proper answer is that the President can issue themselves a pardon, but Congress can still impeach. Who knows what we'd actually do. Presidents have tried to pull the "sovereign immunity" defense, but it hasn't been actually tested.

Sadly I concur.

At least four years of business as usual, with the continual stench of Clinton corruption always in the air.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 10:46:58 AM »

Come'on, admit it, it'd almost be worth all of this headache for a chance to say both Clintons had impeachment trials.   =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
Maybe y'all could save the depression posts for after the election.  If Trump loses, it will likely be because too many people have already conceded. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »
Maybe y'all could save the depression posts for after the election.  If Trump loses, it will likely be because too many people have already conceded. 

No, Trump will lose because he never had a chance in the first place.  No Republican would have stood a chance as the Democrats have a permanent lock on the White House.  There will be no more Republican presidents between now and the fall of the republic. That is the reality we find ourselves in.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »
Come'on, admit it, it'd almost be worth all of this headache for a chance to say both Clintons had impeachment trials.   =D

The operative word there being "almost." It might "almost" be worth it, but not quite. It will be far better if Trump wins in a landslide.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »
No, Trump will lose because he never had a chance in the first place.  No Republican would have stood a chance as the Democrats have a permanent lock on the White House.  There will be no more Republican presidents between now and the fall of the republic. That is the reality we find ourselves in.

You might be right.  So what have we got to lose by at least *trying* to win?
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »
Maybe y'all could save the depression posts for after the election.  If Trump loses, it will likely be because too many people have already conceded.  

I don't have a lot invested in Trump so my expectations are low.

On the book of faces I've been working hard to depress the Hillary vote, very very hard.

It is up to Trump to win over people and get support for himself. I will not be a cheerleader for him and maybe not for any other candidate ever. Our access to the truth and true data on the candidates is so limited, filtered and spun into narratives that I don't think we can actually make a truly educated choice.

On stated policies between the two the choice is obvious. Whether stated policies and positions will reflect the way he would govern is where it becomes problematic.

Look at all the rhetoric from GWB and then compare to how he governed. He was a disaster IMHO. Now we know but it's too late.  He wasn't even considered a wild card. Everyone thought we were getting a somewhat conservative guy who would be somewhat fiscally conservative and stated clearly he was opposed to nation building. We ended up with a guy who did little to nothing for so-cons, grew the government exponentially with new entitlements and embarked on a neocon nation building project that destabilized the whole middle east.

Shows you what we "know", and he was the best candidate the Republicans had put up for us since Reagan!  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 11:43:21 AM »
One great sideshow to this is the focus on certain hypocritical dem leadership. I just saw back to back video clips on several of them commenting on Comey the first time, and then now. It's so blatant, I would hope it sways independents. Not just on the presidential election, but on other tickets on their ballots.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/31/flip-flopping-dems-once-big-comey-fans-now-piling-on.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
You might be right.  So what have we got to lose by at least *trying* to win?

It doesn't hurt to try.  I suppose we might get lucky one day.  But it would have to be a fantastic bit of luck, like the Democrat candidate being kidnapped by aliens on national TV two days before the election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »
It doesn't hurt to try.  I suppose we might get lucky one day.  But it would have to be a fantastic bit of luck, like the Democrat candidate being kidnapped by aliens on national TV two days before the election.

Na, luck would be a giant meteor. Or better yet, General Mattis declaring his run for Presidency and all other candidates wisely surrendering.

http://terminallance.com/2016/04/08/terminal-lance-election-season-2016/

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
Comey was screwed in this the moment he was assigned the case. No matter what he did/does, 50% of the government is going to hate him. Getting this assignment was a career ending event for him.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »
Comey was screwed in this the moment he was assigned the case. No matter what he did/does, 50% of the government is going to hate him. Getting this assignment was a career ending event for him.

But honestly, what next job could he have?  He never was political enough to be tapped for AG...so D-FBI is kinda the brass ring for him.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 01:11:11 PM »
Na, luck would be a giant meteor. Or better yet, General Mattis declaring his run for Presidency and all other candidates wisely surrendering.

http://terminallance.com/2016/04/08/terminal-lance-election-season-2016/

The dying/dead republic longs for a Caesar to run the empire.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
It's "Efrem,"  not "Ephraim."   :old:
You can tell it to autocorrect... :P :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
But honestly, what next job could he have?  He never was political enough to be tapped for AG...so D-FBI is kinda the brass ring for him.

Soon, he'll be retiring to, "Spend more time with his family."

Maybe he's clever enough to have let both sides bribe him, then neither side will be willing to tattle, and he can buy a small island somewhere.

(White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday that President Barack Obama does not believe Comey is attempting to influence the election.
"The President doesn't believe that he's secretly strategizing to benefit one candidate or one political party," Earnest said. "He's in a tough spot, and he's the one who will be in a position to defend his actions in the face of significant criticism from a variety of legal experts, including individuals who served in senior Department of Justice positions in administrations led by presidents in both parties.")

From CNN. Too bad Hillary will be the one to have him killed, err, retired, after she's the prez.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »
The dying/dead republic longs for a Caesar to run the empire.

Hardly. Moreso looking for a candidate that is competent, has the appropriate amount of guts to handle modern politics, the proper mentality and still a decent human being. Not looking to elect a king, which is what most people seem to want from their Presidential candidate.

No sane person can look at Clinton or Trump and say either of these people are competent, reasonably intelligent and decent human beings. Three hundred million Americans and this is what we got? In fairness, I'm aware that dealing with the media during a long grueling campaign is what drives off any sane person. 19 months of campaigning is flat out insane, and advantageous to no one except the media.