Poll

Would you vote for more state or local taxes, if it meant that your state/local govt took less Federal funding?

Yes.
0 (0%)
Yes, if they agree to enough spending cuts.
3 (21.4%)
No. Starve the beasts.
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: State and local taxes & federal funding  (Read 588 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
State and local taxes & federal funding
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »
Let's say your state or local government agreed to take less (or no) federal funding, if voters agree to make up the revenue with state/local taxation. Would it be worth it, to ween your state off the federal teat?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: State and local taxes & federal funding
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:29:35 PM »
NO, because now the federal income taxes that get kicked back would no longer be available.

What needs to happen is that all forms of government needs to actually work within a damn zero dollar budget, (I think it is the correct term), meaning that can't spend money until they have it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: State and local taxes & federal funding
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »
NO, because now the federal income taxes that get kicked back would no longer be available.

What needs to happen is that all forms of government needs to actually work within a damn zero dollar budget, (I think it is the correct term), meaning that can't spend money until they have it.

State of Iowa can't budget more than 99% of tax revenue. Means they have cover debt payments with the 99%. Yes they can issue bonds for projects, etc.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536