Author Topic: The good guy finally wins and will retire. Cleared of Haditha massacre.  (Read 1777 times)

Desertdog

• friends
This Marine went through more trying to prove himself innocent than he probably went through in the war.  Three cheers forthe good guys.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=198553

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: The good guy finally wins and will retire. Cleared of Haditha massacre.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »
The mendacity involved in falsely accusing someone(s) and making their life a living hell ought to be punishable somehow and in some way.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:17:18 AM »
hopefully they get wnd in hell and they move abscam jack to the warm side
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »
The mendacity involved in falsely accusing someone(s) and making their life a living hell ought to be punishable somehow and in some way.

+1

The same punishment that would have been imposeed for the crime falsely accused.  (logistically speaking, high burden of proof, need to show malice.)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:32 AM »
As much as I'm glad to see this over, I note with some regret that only one person has actually been aquitted of the charges, while the others have had the charges dismissed.

To my simple mind there is a significant difference between a decision that beyond a reasonable doubt you are not guilty and a decision to not go forward with a trial of the facts.  And, yes, I do understand the concept of "dismissal with prejudice," which unfortunately I did not read.  (I know, the reportalist either is not a legal beagle or just didn't think it was that important to include, as opposed to it not being stated means it did not happen.)

I quite well understand and appreciate the utter hell that all who were charged have gone through, and truely do not wish to impose more on those who did not go to trial.

But even a directed verdict from the bench seems to provide absolute closure, while mere dismissal leaves open a question of what the final outcome might have been.

All things considered, I wonder how the careers of those involved in attempting to force this issue will be affected.  And I do hope they are affected in some significant way.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
+1

The same punishment that would have been imposeed for the crime falsely accused.  (logistically speaking, high burden of proof, need to show malice.)

+1 to that. It would make (real) crime victims more credible in court if people who could be proven to be false accusers were punished accordingly.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »
Glad he was cleared, but it looks like he's still suffering early retirement . . . I guess actual innocence only means a reduced (but not eliminated) punishment.

It's a pity the high-ranking careerists (or is the proper term REMFs?) who were behind his persecution are still there, free to do all the damage they can to the military they're supposedly a part of.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
Murtha is ultimately responsible, and Murtha is a hot steamin' pile ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »

We'd have like, 20 prosecutors left in the entire country.    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
Murtha is ultimately responsible, and Murtha is a hot steamin' pile ...

Well, he is in a hot, steaming area now...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »

"In August 2006, Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich filed a lawsuit against Murtha for character defamation during an ongoing investigation into the Haditha incident. In April 2009 this suit was dismissed by a federal appeals court, which ruled that Murtha could not be sued because he was acting in his official role as a lawmaker when he made the statements."

I wouldn't expect much success for any of the others who were acquitted or had charges dropped even if the *expletive deleted*bag wasn't already six feet under. By the by, SSGT Wuterich is still being tried for negligent homicide.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »
"In August 2006, Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich filed a lawsuit against Murtha for character defamation during an ongoing investigation into the Haditha incident. In April 2009 this suit was dismissed by a federal appeals court, which ruled that Murtha could not be sued because he was acting in his official role as a lawmaker when he made the statements."

I wouldn't expect much success for any of the others who were acquitted or had charges dropped even if the *expletive deleted*bag wasn't already six feet under. By the by, SSGT Wuterich is still being tried for negligent homicide.

Sounds like Murtha ought to have has a date with hot feathers, tar, & a rail to mete out the justice denied by the system rigged to protect him.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »
We'd have like, 20 prosecutors left in the entire country.    =D

Which would make the world a better place.

Did you have a point?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design