Author Topic: California to require new homes to have solar panels  (Read 846 times)

freakazoid

• friend
California to require new homes to have solar panels
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »
Looks like it will be implemented by 2020. This will surely not have any negative consequences. Current low estimate is that it will add another $10k to new homes. But that's ok because these will totally pay themselves off "over the life of the solar energy system".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/05/09/california-solar-panels-state-may-require-them-new-homes/594364002/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: California to require new homes to have solar panels
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:58 PM »
Which California lawmaker(s) has ties to solar power industry people?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 07:33:08 AM »
Grid-tied or stand alone systems?  Battery storage for the excess power?

I can see grid-tied systems really screwing up the power supply chain.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »

All of them. It's California, for *expletive deleted*ck's sake. I'm surprised that they're not also requiring lunar panels, as well.

And warning labels that solar and lunar power can cause cancer. Because everything is known by the state of California to cause cancer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:18:31 AM »
That was MY very first thought upon reading the thread title.

With good reason.

I remember when MN first required that gasoline be diluted with ethanol - one of the local papers did a survey and found that virtually every state legislator supporting the ethanol requirement had received campaign money from Archer-Daniels Midland, then the largest ethanol fuel producer in the upper Midwest.

"Always follow the money. Always." is a good maxim to keep in mind when trying to discern the true motivations of a politician.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
"Always follow the money. Always." is a good maxim to keep in mind when trying to discern the true motivations of a politician any person.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
And warning labels that solar and lunar power can cause cancer. Because everything is known by the state of California to cause cancer.
Am I the only one who hopes those labels are one day found to cause cancer?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »
That was MY very first thought upon reading the thread title.

With good reason.

I remember when MN first required that gasoline be diluted with ethanol - one of the local papers did a survey and found that virtually every state legislator supporting the ethanol requirement had received campaign money from Archer-Daniels Midland, then the largest ethanol fuel producer in the upper Midwest.

"Always follow the money. Always." is a good maxim to keep in mind when trying to discern the true motivations of a politician.

We have a state legislator that owned an ethanol plant.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:19:59 PM »
All of them. It's California, for *expletive deleted*ck's sake. I'm surprised that they're not also requiring lunar panels, as well.

They need cancer warning labels at the maternity ward of the hospital.  That might shortcut things a bit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge