Author Topic: I'm running out of titles for these posts... but... meanwhile, in Texas...  (Read 2126 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/05/john-ramsey-liberty-for-all-super-pac

Everything in this article is beautiful.

John Ramsey himself.

His strategy.

The liberal whining in the comments. EVERYTHING.

So beautiful!
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
A relatively decent article from a rag like Mother Jones.  However, it's too early in the day to read the whinings of liberals, so I gave up on the comments after perusing just a few.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Quote from: comment cruft
The issue in this case is that he is coming from a privileged situation and does not understand, know, and assumes that everyone's life is the same as his. I see the same line of thinking with the Paulbots, even when they don't come from house holds of monetary privilege.

:laugh:  Yeah, the Paulbots are just rich people who can't see outside their own privileged situations. Unless, of course, they aren't rich, but still can't see outside someone else's privileged situation.

My head hurts.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
That's the social Darwinism having it's effect on you!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Impressive amount of invective in the comments section. Libs are furious that he is putting his inherited money towards a political cause. Doing so would shame his grandfather, so they say. They'd no doubt be singing a different tune if he gave that money to MoveOn.org.  :laugh:

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"
----Tamara, View From the Porch

Folks ask me, "Why didn't you vote by absentee ballot, it would be easier?"  Or, "Why don;t you go on down to early voting?"

I am not doing that so I can show up 20 minutes before the poll closes, as is my habit, to be one of the last voters and to hang around to be elected a precinct officer and steer the selection of delegates to Tea Party and/or Paulista candidates.  If there are none willing to go, I'll be a delegate this time 'round.

Between teh Tea Partiers and Paulistas, we may yet make the GOP well, Grand again and worthy of support.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth

Between teh Tea Partiers and Paulistas, we may yet make the GOP well, Grand again and worthy of support.
What does the "G" stand for now? "Geriatric"? "Goddamned stupid"? "Gaaaaaaah! I'm going insane!"? Old Party? ;) :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MicroBalrog

• friend

I am not doing that so I can show up 20 minutes before the poll closes, as is my habit, to be one of the last voters and to hang around to be elected a precinct officer and steer the selection of delegates to Tea Party and/or Paulista candidates.  If there are none willing to go, I'll be a delegate this time 'round.

Given the cheating that we're now hearing about (for example the crazy games in AZ and NV), it appears that this is not as viable a strategy as previously expected.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
I love all the comments about him buying an election, yet none of those comments bother to look at how much money the other candidate has spent.  I bet his money spent is still small dollars.

Not to mention that "buying an election" implies paying people to vote when all he is doing is running ads and trying to influence voters.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Crack the code:

"Buying an election" - Conservatives spending money on campaign ads and organization.

"Raising awareness" - Liberals spending money on campaign ads and organization. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.