Author Topic: HaHa (nelson voice)  (Read 4242 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
HaHa (nelson voice)
« on: October 18, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
Re: HaHa (nelson voice)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if they recover it . . . with an undetected virus that will put, well, select words up at just the right time?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
"TOTUS" - that's pretty good!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
already being discussed here:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=31908.0

We really need to be better about our topics. Perhaps either of these threads should have had a title of, i dunno, "Obama's teleprompters stolen"

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »

We really need to be better about our topics. Perhaps either of these threads should have had a title of, i dunno, "Obama's teleprompters stolen"

its fistfuls fault
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
They almost had to cancel the appearance in Virginia.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/18/truck-with-obamas-teleprompter-audio-equipment-stolen-in-virginia/?test=latestnews

So close, yet still no cigar.

Somebody needs to try harder next time.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Can somebody explain to me what is the big deal about the teleprompter? If I remember correctly, Reagan was known for using one too, and that didn't seem to bunch anyone's panties.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
Can somebody explain to me what is the big deal about the teleprompter? If I remember correctly, Reagan was known for using one too, and that didn't seem to bunch anyone's panties.

Without TOTUS, the Prez is a bumbling fool.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=of61E1FesPU
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
Some jokes write themselves.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »

I did not see that over there. At least my thread is not locked.
If you read the article they found the van. It did not say if the contents where still there.
Personally if I stole that van and realized what was in it I would dump it also.
It's one thing having the cops looking for a stolen van, its another thing to have the .fed's looking for it.
I would not doubt that they called the CIA and used a satellite to find it.
I'm going to get some tin foil now. :O
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
If you read the article they found the van. It did not say if the contents where still there.
Personally if I stole that van and realized what was in it I would dump it also.
It's one thing having the cops looking for a stolen van, its another thing to have the .fed's looking for it.

*cough* That would be the NRO (for imagery) or CSS (for signals) if they were using satellites.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »

Eh, it wasn't locked when i looked. Sorry
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »

Because allof the previous presidents can string together an actual sentence without one. Obama literally cannot.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »

I recall hearing that he had it wheeled in to classrooms. To talk to children.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »
I believe all presidents have used teleprompters from the time they first started televising presidential speeches.
This means JFK used one, Abraham Lincoln did not.  Nor did Teddy Roosevelt or George Washington.
Reagan was a actor and while he certainly used one for prepared speeches he was talented and knew how to annunciate and his manner came off very natural and smooth.
Obama falls into a dependency on "verbal crutches" when his teleprompter isn't there.  Many radio talk show hosts have compilied recordings of nothing but his "hems" and "haws."  Some are from one speech and with nothing repeated, others have lots of repeats, it depends on the host.
Obama is basically OK with the device (though being of a different political persuasion than he I am usually chagrined and annoyed by the contents of his drivel --- speech), but when speaking extemporaneously he is utterly helpless.  
Even Tricky Dick was more palatable ..... [tinfoil] :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:07 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
I recall hearing that he had it wheeled in to classrooms. To talk to children.  =|

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bad-visual-obama-uses-teleprompter-in-speech-to-sixth-graders/

He didn't actually speak to the children with the teleprompter, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:43 AM »
I notice how the teleprompters appear to be set high so he can have the "looking up into the distance" look. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
I notice how the teleprompters appear to be set high so he can have the "looking up into the distance" look. 

Looking down his nose at the proles is more like it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »
Looking down his nose at the proles is more like it.

Go find pictures of Mussilini and tell me they are not similar poses.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.