Author Topic: Free Art and Booze in Hartford  (Read 880 times)

peteinct

• friend
Free Art and Booze in Hartford
« on: January 31, 2006, 05:02:15 AM »
Hi everyone. My wife is having an Art show in the Hartford Artspace gallery. The opening is on Thursday Feb. 2 starting at six.  There will be wine and cheese. The gallery is at 555 Asylum Ave. Take the Asylum ave exit (48) from 84  left at light 100 feet on right. I'll be working the bar and would be happy to meet anyone interested to come.
pete

ps If you buy some of my wife's pieces I will be able to get them out of the house!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »
Cool, I'll try to make it. No guarantees on purchasing art though. Wink
Avoid cliches like the plague!

...has left the building.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
I wish her the best of luck! My wife paints and does photography so I know how hard it can be to get started.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:46:04 AM »
As long as it doesn't involve melted-gun sculpture...
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

peteinct

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies. No melted guns but she did one where she had me shoot a clay sculpture while it was still soft. I used 9mm FMJs and they did a number on the clay slabs. That one broke during the firing.

The other artist in the show was talking about "some scary looking hippy dudes" I laughed and said they must have been really bad if he said that. If I said it it would just mean that I'm a red neck.

pete

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:06:41 AM »
Sorry Pete, it just wasn't in the cards. I can report, however that a couple of my friends DID show up after I mentioned it to them. They said they enjoyed it. Is the exhibit there for a while yet?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

peteinct

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
Mark, The show lasts 2 weeks. Unfortunately due to the fact that the gallery is in an "artists collective" it is only open if someone ie. me is there to watch it.  So I will be there at lunch time on Wed and Thurs then on Mon and Tues. There goes my range time. LOL. If you wish to meet I'd be up for it. The gallery manager said that having hot cofee brought in a lunch time crowd so I have that going for me.
pete

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
I read this title and wondered what the heck Art had gotten arrested for. Smiley