Author Topic: Post your favorite joke  (Read 2508 times)

Pb

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:27:32 AM »
Here is mine:

Long ago, there lived a sailor named Captain Bravo. He was a manly man's man, who showed no fear when facing his enemies. One day, while sailing the Seven Seas, his lookout spotted a pirate ship, and the crew became frantic. Captain Bravo bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" The first mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, and while wearing the brightly colored frock, the Captain led his crew into battle and defeated the pirates. That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting the day's triumph. One of them asked the Captain, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle?" The captain replied, "If I am wounded in the attack, the shirt will not show my blood. Thus, you men will continue to fight, unafraid." All of the men sat in and marveled at the courage of such a manly man's man. As dawn came the next morning, the lookout spotted not one, not two,but TEN pirate ships approaching. The crew stared in worshipful silence at the captain and waited for his usual orders. Captain Bravo gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his ship, and without fear, turned and calmly shouted, "Get me my brown pants!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 07:46:05 AM »
my favorite..  just because my name is French (from a Germanic region) but I'm at least 3/4 German

Q. Why do the French plant trees along their roads?

A. So the Germans can march in the shade.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

bermbuster

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
Wal-Mart will soon have its own wine selection. Some Wal-Mart customers will be able to sample a new discount  item: Wal-Mart's own brand of wines.  The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto, California, to produce the wines at an affordable price, in the $2-5 range.

"While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart Brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a large market for inexpensive wine," said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. She said: "The right name is important."

So, here are the top 12 suggested names for Wal-Mart Wine:

12. Chateau Traileur Parc

11. White Trashfindel

10. Big Red Gulp

9. Grape Expectations

8. NASCARbernet

7. Chef Boyardeaux

6. Peanut Noir

5. Chateau des Moines

4. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!

3. World Championship Riesling

2. Sam's Shiraz

And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine

1. Nasti Spumante

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:55:34 AM »
No.  My favorites would likely get me ejected from the forum.  I'll tell them over a campfire and some Crown....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Post your favorite joke
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 08:04:21 AM »
Do you have feelings of inadequacy? Do you suffer from shyness? Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Tequila®.

Tequila® is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions.
Tequila® can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Tequila® almost immediately, and with a regimen of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past, and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living, with Tequila®.

Tequila® may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Tequila®. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Tequila®: Leave Shyness Behind!

cosine

• Administrator
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 08:26:14 AM »
A frog hops into a bank, he needs to get a loan. As he approaches the counter, he sees that the nameplate of the teller says Patricia Whack. He asks for $25,000 loan.

The teller asks, "Do you have any collateral?"

The frog thinks for a minute, and pulls a little pink porcelian frog from his pocket and hands it to the teller. He says, "No, but I have this pig, and my father is Mick Jagger."

The teller says, "Okay, I'll be right back after I check with my boss." She takes the porcelian pig, and goes to a back room. There, she explains the situation to her boss.

"There's this frog outside who wants to get a $25,000 loan. All he has is this little pig, and he says his father is Mick Jagger."

The boss takes the little pig, looks it over, and suddenly realizes what is going on. He hands the pig back to the teller and says,

(wait, here it comes, Cheesy)

"It's a knick-knack, Patty Whack, give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Tongue Tongue
Andy

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:47:33 AM »
Bigamy is having one wife too many.

Monogamy is the same ting.

Did you here about the new French tank?  It has 5 reverse gears and one forward gear.  The forward gear is in case they get attacked from the rear...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »
Here's mine

Favorite Joke

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »
Bill Clinton.

Oh wait, that's not comedy, that's tragedy...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 11:30:18 AM »
A Brit, a Frenchman, a Mexican and an American are on a plane. The plane has lost all but one engine and is going down. Tha captain has thrown off all the excess weight he can find but to no avail. The one engine just can't carry the load. So he makes a last minute request for any and all passengers who were noble enough to please jump out of the plane and give their lives to save the others. The Brit stands up, goes to the open door, yells "God Save the QUEEN!!" and jumps out. Then (believe it or not) the Frenchman stands up, goes to the open door, yells, "Viva La FRANCE!!' And HE jumps out. Then the American stands up, grabs the Mexican by the collar, tosses him out the door and yells, "Remember the ALAMO!!"

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »
A man and his wife decide to buy a farm and raise pigs.  They start with three female pigs.
One day they decide its time to make some baby pigs, so they load their pigs into the back of a truck and drive them over to the farm of a friend.  The friend puts their pigs into his sty with some enthusiastic male pigs, and they head into the farmhouse for a cup of coffee while the pigs do what comes naturally.
Afterwards, with the pigs back in the truck, the new farmers start to leave.  Just before they leave the man asks his friend, How will I know if my pigs are pregnant?
Thats easy, says his friend.  When you get up in the morning, check your pigs. If they are playing in the mud, theyre pregnant.  If theyre playing in the dry dirt, they arent.

The next morning the farmer wakes up, gets out of bed, stretches, yawns, and scratches in the appropriate places. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, he walks over to the bedroom window and looks down at his pigs in the sty. They are playing in the dry dirt.
Darn, I was going to plant the beans today, he complains. Oh, well.
He loads the pigs back into his truck and drives them over to his friends farm.  The pigs are herded into the pen while he and his friend go into the house for another cup of coffee.

Upon waking in the morning the farmer gets up, shuffles over to the window and looks down at his pigs.  Once again, they are playing in the dry dirt.
Shoot.  I guess that back forty isnt going to get plowed this morning.
With the pigs back in the truck, the farmer heads over to his friends place a third time.

Rising the next morning he looks out the window and the pigs are playing in the dry dirt once again.  And yet again, he loads his pigs into the truck and drives over to his friends farm.

This routine occurs three more times.  Each morning he arises, checks his pigs, and each morning they are playing in the dry dirt.
On the seventh morning the farmer just cant bear to look, so he asks his wife to get up and check the pigs. The whole thing is getting under his skin, and he is losing valuable time.  It just cant be that hard to get pigs pregnant, he mutters under his breath.

His wife, half asleep, shambles her way over to the window, parts the curtains, looks out, and doesnt say a word.
Oh, great, the farmer complains, theyre playing in the dry dirt again.
No, says his wife, theyre not in the dry dirt.
You mean theyre playing in the mud? he asks, hopefully.
No, they arent in the mud, she replies.
Then what the heck are they doing? asks the mystified farmer.
The wife answers, Well, two of the pigs are in the back of the truck, and one is in the front seat trying to honk the horn.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 07:05:11 PM »
Fred feels really bad, so he goes to his doctor.

The doctor does some tests, and finally says "Fred, I'm sorry, but you have AIDS you can do."

Fred freaks out. "Doctor, isn't there anything that can be done?"

"Well, Fred, I want you to go home, and eat 2 heads of cabbage drenched in hot sauce, as much broccoli, asparagus, and kale as you can stand, and lots and lots of beans. Wash all of that down with lots of skim milk. Also, eat lots of bacon, sausage, and other fatty meats, peanuts by the jarful, and have at least a box of Grapenuts cereal every day. And here's the most important thing, Fred. Every day I want you to take 1 box of Ex-lax."

Fred is a little stunned by all of this and finally manages "That sounds like a weird treatment Doctor, but will it cure me?"

"No Fred, as I said, you're going to die, but before you do, you'll at least learn what your ass is for."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
Q: What has two legs and bleeds a lot?

A: A half a cat.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

280plus

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 02:09:08 AM »
The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident, an Anchorage man answered his door to find two grim-faced Alaska State Troopers.  "We're sorry Mr. Wilkens, but we have some information about your wife," said one trooper.

"Tell me! Did you find her?" Wilkens asked nervously.

The troopers looked at each other.  One said, "We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news.  Which do you want to hear first?"

Fearing the worst, an ashen Mr. Wilkens said, "Give me the bad news first."

The trooper said, "I'm sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife's body in Kachemak Bay."

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Wilkens.  Swallowing hard, he asked, "What's the good news?"

The trooper continued, "When we pulled her up she had 12 twenty-five pound king crabs and 6 good-size Dungeness crabs clinging to her."

Stunned, Mr. Wilkens demanded, "If that's the good news, what's the great news?"

The trooper said, "We're going to pull her up again tomorrow."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 04:04:15 AM »
Tastless French jokes? That's my name! Hey, wait a minut.....

Anyways,
Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the vanguard of Hitler's Army?

A. Table for 50,000?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

280plus

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 04:45:24 AM »
I remember this old Johnny Carson episode. This was when the Polish joke was all the rage and Johnny had a guy on from the "Polish Anti-Defamation League" and he was railing against the Polish joke. He gets to, "I don't understand how anything like this can be considered funny." and proceeds to tell an old standard Polish joke. The audience laughs uproariously. He looks at the audience with this shocked hurt little face. He goes on to tell another, the audience laughs even louder. Johnny says, "Well, let's try it with another nationality and see if it's still as funny. Let's try it with Germans and let's ask one of the boys in the band." "How many Germans does it take to screw in a light bulb?" And the guy in the band says, "One!" Johnny says, "ONE!? What do you mean?" and the guy says, "One German to hold the light bulb and two Polocks to turn the lamp!" The audience is screaming. The poor Anti-Defamation guy gets up, scowls at the audience and walks off...

I used to think it was for real ad lib but these days I'd bet anything it was a  setup. If the Anti guy was in on it though, he was a pretty good actor.

DJJ

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 05:39:14 PM »
Man #1: My wife's an angel.

Man #2: You're lucky. Mine's still alive.

Art Eatman

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 10:34:09 AM »
I"m with JamisJockey. Smiley

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Dannyboy

• friend
Post your favorite joke
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 07:18:31 PM »
You asked for it.

A gerbil walks into a bar and say, "My boss is an @$$hole."
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.