Author Topic: Almost lost my best friend...  (Read 892 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Almost lost my best friend...
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:17:46 PM »
Friday I noticed my dog Ruger wasn't feeling well. When I saw that she was starting to have trouble walking, I immediately called the vet and took her in.

Within 45 minutes she was having emergency surgery and transfusions due to a tumor on her spleen that had ruptured. Essentially, she was bleeding to death internally. Had I not been more attentitive, I probably would have come home from an evening out with friends to find her dead.

Initially the vet said that it appeared that there was a tumor in the spleen and that the liver was involved. Thankfully, during the surgery, the liver was normal.

She's home with me now, but still not wanting to eat. At least she's drinking, and her gums are nice and pink.

The next big hurdle is to find out what the tumor is -- cancerous or benign. I won't get that information until the end of the week, unfortunately.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »
Glad you kept that situational awareness going.  Worst case, it bought you some extra time with your bud.  Hopefully, it saved his life and kept him here for a long time to come.

Good on ya!

Fig

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »
Glad you kept that situational awareness going, Mike.  

Worst case, it bought you some extra time with your bud.  Hopefully, it saved his life and kept him here for a long time to come.

Good on ya!

Fig

caseydog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 06:41:21 PM »
Mike , hope Ruger comes around and the tumor was benign. As someone who likes his dog more than a lot of people I know how bad you can feel when your pal is down. Here's hoping this week brings better things.

Ray
Be kind as you speak to others , they may be facing demons you are unaware of...