Author Topic: Anti-suicide-bomber tactic?  (Read 1425 times)

Preacherman

Anti-suicide-bomber tactic?
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:41:16 AM »
I find this in rather bad taste, but I've no idea whether or not the idea would work.  If I were a suicide bomber, I don't think it would put me off.  Any ideas?

http://www.susbloodlabs.com/
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 05:11:49 AM »
Not sure whether that's satire or not (I got a chuckle out of it anyway) - hard to tell but if it's not the thing probably wouldn't act as a deterent unless its use became widespread and widely known. Even in that case it's a sure bet that some imman somewhere would figure out a way to make it a non-issue and the suiciders would be right back at it.

There's lots'a nut jobs in the world though which means if the product is real someone's making money on it. More power to 'em. That's what capitalism is all about.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 07:08:50 AM »
Now that's what I call thinkin' outta the box.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:16:05 AM »
I seem to recall hearing a report that Israel was either talking about or already was hanging bags of pork fat in public buses for much the same purpose.  I don't have any cite or anything.  Does anyone else remember anything like that?

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 07:28:08 AM »
Two problems.  First, coming in contact with a pig is not going to keep a Muslim out of heaven.

Second, the bomber handler people have convinced an otherwise devout and observant Muslim to commit the two worst sins imaginable, namely murder and suicide, so what's a little pork in all this?

USP45usp

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:24:46 PM »
Well, I guess that would be a better alternative to what I've been doing to protect myself from terrorist.

My bosses are getting alittle weirded out with me coming to work smeared in bacon grease Cheesy.

Wayne

boing

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 06:44:56 PM »
Someone on TFL or THR posted two excerpts translated from the Koran specifically stating that unwillful contamination by pork would not prevent acceptance of a Muslim into Heaven.

It makes the perfect Christmas gift, though.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
Another HomeBoy Nyte Sights, that's all.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.