Author Topic: Jeb Bush would strive to govern like LBJ  (Read 3405 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Jeb Bush would strive to govern like LBJ
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »
http://joemiller.us/2013/02/jeb-bush-i-would-govern-like-lyndon-johnson-as-president/#ixzz31ni4ilkI

I can't wait to hear about the high regard he has for FDR and Wilson. But he'd TOTALLY be better than a Democrat you guys.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
Re: Jeb Bush would strive to govern like LBJ
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »
http://joemiller.us/2013/02/jeb-bush-i-would-govern-like-lyndon-johnson-as-president/#ixzz31ni4ilkI

I can't wait to hear about the high regard he has for FDR and Wilson. But he'd TOTALLY be better than a Democrat you guys.
I'm betting that if anyone in the Bush family rode the short bus to school, it was Jeb.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »
Best comment I've seen on this.

He's going to have a Kennedy shot and increase our involvement in Vietnam?

Bold plan, a little out there... I think I like it!

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »
Jeb Bush would strive to govern like LBJ

Does that mean he'd piss in the Rose Garden and pick his dog up by its ears?  >:D

LBJ was a thug.    [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
Maybe he push will massive gun bans too?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:26:31 PM by BTR »

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »
Didn't Johnson also leave Air Force One just short of sitting on cinderblocks when he left office too?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »
Didn't Johnson also leave Air Force One just short of sitting on cinderblocks when he left office too?

The day the white trash left the White House.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
Johnson was moron.  A political hack who pitted one group of advisers against another within the White House and brow beat everyone to get his way, no matter the truth of the matter.

Read Dereliction of Duty by H.R. McMaster  to get a good idea of what working for Johnson was like.  And he was a Stolen Valor kinda guy to.  That Silver Star he received from MacArthur was for being a congressman, since he never saw combat.

from Wikipedia:

Lyndon Johnson said his B26 was also attacked by Japanese fighters but survived, while others, including other members of the flight crew, claim it turned back because of generator trouble before reaching the objective and before encountering enemy aircraft and never came under fire, which is supported by official flight records.[22] Other airplanes that continued to the target did come under fire near the target at about the same time that Johnson's plane was recorded as having landed back at the original airbase. MacArthur awarded Johnson the Silver Star, the military's third-highest medal.

No one else on that aircraft received any medals.  Johnson was merely an observer.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 05:57:03 PM »
Wasn't LBJ the one who had the USPS print up special commemorative stamps in small lots just big enough for HIS stamp collection?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »
The day the white trash left the White House.

The first time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
Apparently he thought he was endowed well enough to require specially tailored pants, and named the appendage "Jumbo."  And he philandered just as much as JFK, Clinton, and the rest of them.
Formerly sumpnz

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 08:44:09 AM »
There is a story that LBJ bought raw land just across the border in Mexico.  He would frequently travel to the land privately and without secret service protection which is evidently against federal law.  The land was improved by the USAF flying in earth moving equipment.  Seems what he was doing was pretty much an open secret which never made it to the evening news.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »
There is a story that LBJ bought raw land just across the border in Mexico.  He would frequently travel to the land privately and without secret service protection which is evidently against federal law.  The land was improved by the USAF flying in earth moving equipment.  Seems what he was doing was pretty much an open secret which never made it to the evening news.

Makes sense if you think of most of media now and nearly all media of the time as Democrat/Leftist operatives with bylines.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
I never heard that one. He did build a lake on the ranch. Big enough for water skiing. And 2 boats one for him one for his ss detail.  And then there were the beauty pageant winners coming to be his secretaries . 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
Seems to me I have heard there were lots of "stories" of legal/illegal stuff he or his cronies did to get ahead in Texas politics also.  I thought I heard someone mention a story of someone committing suicide in the middle of a farm field via long range rifle shot.  It has been a while.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »
LBJ saw to it that the lake his family owned acreage on was a "constant level" lake, controlled by dams. This GREATLY increased the value of his family's property.

When LBJ was confronted about being a slumlord, he excused himself by saying "That's my wife's property" . . . in other words, Lady Bird Johnson was the slumlord, HE wasn't.

And there's a persistent story going around - which I haven't been able to absolutely verify - that he got a rule passed locally that required VHF television stations to be at least 7 channels apart; his family had ownership (or at least heavy financial interest in) Channel 7; the rule meant all competing channels were forced into the UHF spectrum, which was especially limiting in the Texas hill country.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

NickySantoro

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »

He well may be better but so is a dose of the clap. I held my nose in the last two elections and voted for buckets of RINO *expletive deleted*it.  If he is the nominee, I'll vote third party and the RNC can kiss my shiny white behind.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
He well may be better but so is a dose of the clap. I held my nose in the last two elections and voted for buckets of RINO *expletive deleted*.  If he is the nominee, I'll vote third party and the RNC can kiss my shiny white behind.

UKSIP
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

JN01

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »
Apparently he thought he was endowed well enough to require specially tailored pants, and named the appendage "Jumbo."

Lyndon Big Johnson?

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
Jeb was decent enough as our Florida Governor, but I'm not so sure I want his RINO butt in charge of America.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »
Jeb was decent enough as our Florida Governor, but I'm not so sure I want his RINO butt in charge of America.
Don't worry, if he's the GOP nominee he'll be so busy running to the left and attacking Tea Party candidates that Hillary will win in a walk.  :facepalm:

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Stay out the Bushes![/Jesse Jackson]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
So he would govern in his own self interest as a corrupt unprincipled statist without any scruples?

Who is he trying to woo? The bureaucratic class?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »
So he would govern in his own self interest as a corrupt unprincipled statist without any scruples?

Who is he trying to woo? The bureaucratic class?

People with no knowledge of history.