Author Topic: Crime skyrockets in 1 county, plummets right next door  (Read 1711 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Crime skyrockets in 1 county, plummets right next door
« on: July 27, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
I believe that crime has declined in every county that they have gotten tough on illegal alien.

Crime skyrockets in 1 county, plummets right next door
Guess which government just got tough on illegal immigrants?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70728

WASHINGTON  One of the wealthiest counties in America reports crime skyrocketing by 22 percent in the first quarter of 2008, while its neighbor saw crime plummet by 19.3 percent in the same time period  coinciding with a get-tough policy on illegal immigration.

Prince William County in Northern Virginia, a bedroom community for the nation's capital, made national news late last year with a crackdown on illegal immigration that supervisors believed was triggering higher crime and lower living standards.

Prince William County reported a 19.3 percent decline in crime, with chairman of the Board of County Supervisors Corey Stewart attributing the downturn to the hard line the county has taken toward illegal immigrants.

"One quarter doesn't tell us a lot," said county police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings. "It shows us where they may be some trends developing."

Meanwhile, next door in Fairfax County, with the highest property values of any county in America, reports crime up 22 percent in the first quarter.

Of the seven categories used to evaluate crime statistics, only two categories, rape and robbery, showed declines. Between January 2008 and March 2008, there were 27 rapes countywide, eight less than that same period last year. There were 155 robberies in the first quarter of 2007 and 113 the first quarter this year.

Larcenies went up from from 2,851 in the first quarter of 2007 to 3,643 in 2008. Overall, property crimes, including burglary, larceny and car theft increased 24 percent.

Recent figures released by county police revealed a 6 percent increase in overall crime in 2007 compared with the previous year. Violent crime over that period increased by 4 percent.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Crime skyrockets in 1 county, plummets right next door
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »
If you get tough on criminals, crime goes down?

Let's hope nobody at the New York Times finds out about this!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »

I suppose "Well, duh" would be an overly simplistic answer to those statistics?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:16 AM »
A while back, they were going to have a protest based on the concept ". . . a day without a Mexican . . . " in which everyone with a south-of-the-border heritage - particularly illegal aliens - was supposed to stay away from malls and other stores and not purchase anything, just to show the "economic power" of that demographic.

There was a barely noticeable blip in sales, but the decline in shoplifting was said to be in the double digits. (Just try and find someone to confirm that statistic on the record!)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 04:57:27 AM »
I remember that work "strike."

It was Mtnbkr's birthday, and he, his wife, Abby, and I went to dinner at a Mexican-style restaurant.

No problems getting served.

I'm pretty good friends with Gerry Connolly, the chairman of the Fairfax board of supervisors and candidate for one of the house seats in the county. He's a bleeding heart liberal, but at least he has a brain. We've had quite a few discussions about firearms, and while he's still got some sticking points, he has moderated his stance on them significantly over the years. Unfortunately, however, he's an open borders, no immigration enforcement, let's built them lots of taxpayer subsidized housing supporter, and he's not budging on that aspect.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.