Author Topic: Vomitous.  (Read 6469 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Vomitous.
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
The vomit emoticon (vomiticon?) should go.  It is over-used and I'm tired of seeing it every bloody time I write/edit a post. 

Who wants to think about vomit every time they log on to the APS, anyway?  Who are you weird vomit people, and what is wrong with you? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: Vomitous.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
I'm just sorry it wasn't around when I was pregnant.  Coulda' given everyone pictorial updates.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:51 PM »
 [popcorn]  [popcorn]  [popcorn]  [popcorn]  [popcorn][barf]
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »

Ok, now that is awesome. 

I can think of a half-dozen mommy boards that need to add this to their smilies. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »

Fistful: now you see what you've done?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »
Honestly, I'm of the same opinion.

Can we replace it with a ROFL smilie?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:50:42 PM »
I kind of like this:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
I am steadfastly opposed to the removable of the vomit smiley.  Some things are seriously vomit-worthy.  We NEED an appropriate smiley for those situations.  If I wasn't so gosh-darned lazy, I'd also find other, cooler and grosser smilies to post in protest of any efforts of impede my ability to express my feelings through the graphic vomit of a lil' blue dude.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
The vomit emoticon (vomiticon?) should go.  It is over-used and I'm tired of seeing it every bloody time I write/edit a post. 

Who wants to think about vomit every time they log on to the APS, anyway?  Who are you weird vomit people, and what is wrong with you? 

I do what I want.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »
I am steadfastly opposed to the removable of the vomit smiley.  Some things are seriously vomit-worthy.  We NEED an appropriate smiley for those situations.  If I wasn't so gosh-darned lazy, I'd also find other, cooler and grosser smilies to post in protest of any efforts of impede my ability to express my feelings through the graphic vomit of a lil' blue dude.

I don't mind the smilie. I mind seeing it at the top of the screen every single time I post.

Can we just remove the icon on the bar but leave the  [ barf ] ?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 01:12:26 AM »
how about just losing(i tink that's the right word [tinfoil]) the loop? :angel:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:57 AM »
I don't mind the smilie. I mind seeing it at the top of the screen every single time I post.

Can we just remove the icon on the bar but leave the  [ barf ] ?

How does that change the fact that people use it every time they mention something that bothers them.  Vomiticon is like cursing; it's the strongest thing in the communicative toolbox, so people overuse it until they forget how to use grown-up words. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »
  Who are you weird vomit people, and what is wrong with you? 

That's the first step, admitting that something is wrong.   but I like the vomititcon
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
Vomiticon is like cursing; it's the strongest thing in the communicative toolbox

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 02:01:40 AM »

The vomit emoticon (vomiticon?) should go.  It is over-used and I'm tired of seeing it every bloody time I write/edit a post.
I haven't used it much myself, but I guess I'll get my pukeys in before it goes away.[barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:51:02 AM by JamisJockey »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
Stay classy APS!

Lol.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »
Non-animated vomit smilies make me sad.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 07:26:56 PM »
i disagree with you fistul (nothing new about that  :P )

the vomit smily is absolutely necessary on this board.

you complain about words not being used, yet in some many conversations an expression or action allows for so much more communication. communication that we, as a board, MUST have available to be true APSers in all our glory!

...besides, it comes in handy every time someone has to go and zardoz a thread  [barf]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

darius

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »

Just the thought of Bama Baby makes me puke.   :laugh:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
How about we change fisty's avatar to a large vomit smiley?  All in fun, of course.  Just for a little while.  Until the whining starts getting to us.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »
Did anyone else take up discussion with fistful in PM?  I did.  I suggest we all do the same.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.