Author Topic: Game over for Republicans - NOW what?  (Read 27461 times)

stjeanp

• My Website
Re: Game over for Republicans - NOW what?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »
fistful:

Nah, refer to the Chicoms and their forced-abortion policy. 

Comparisons to Nazis who killed 6+ millions are beyond the pale and have their own built-in foul buzzer (Godwin).

Comparisons to Maoists who killed 10+ millions, OTOH, is edgy & progressive.

Amateurs.

The Soviets killed almost that many in the Great Famine.

Pat

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »
We're a pro-RKBA, pro-Constitution, pro-USA forum full of white, independent-thinking males....how much less palatable can we GET?.....

That may be the demographic here, but it doesn't mean we don't abide by the forum description:

A CIVIL place to discuss politics.

Regardless, I draw the line at Godwin's Law, if anything to prevent invocation of Irwin's Law:

The premise that a 'tard will eventually ruin an otherwise perfectly good discussion forum thread, whether by malice or stupidity...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »
See, that's the difference.  Step out of what you KNOW and

Jews usually believe that a fetus isn't a full blown person unless it's emerged halfway out of the birth canal or from a C-section.

Jewish law is recognized as REQUIRING an abortion if the fetus can harm or kill the mother.

That's what I mean by leaving the government out of the decision.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
You mean you don't want govt. to require an abortion in those cases? 

Or you don't want Jewish laws to govern who is or is not a "person," whatever that means? 

WAIT.  When did this become a discussion of Jewish laws?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

WAIT.  When did this become a discussion of Jewish laws?  ???

I think he was politely telling you to check out other prospectives (on what constitutes life and wasn't does)
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
Why? 

Unfortunately, if we are to have laws against murder, we have no alternative but to legally define which organisms are protected by that law.  Someone's toes will be trod upon, let's just try not to tread on anyone's rights. 

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
Why? 

...because the worst thing a person can do it get so narrow minded on one particular subject that they quit seeing the forest around that one tree. I don't think he was telling you your beliefs, ideals, coda, matra, or whatnot was wrong, just to explore all side of things form all angles.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 05:55:26 PM »
Thanks for the condescending tone, but I don't need any right now. 

Especially not when I'm being chided for being unfair to the medieval side of the abortion debate. 

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
Are we being a bit druidish?

Now what?
That is the question. This is not the question of this discussion.
Maybe a new thread for brainstorming ideas and building a new consensus or building a new party would be in order.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

grey54956

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
While there are a large number of Evangelicals in the US, they aren't all Republicans.  A fair number are actually Democrats.  The problem with the Republican Evangelicals is that they scare away moderates.

People can't agree with each other about religious matters, but then can generally agree about money.  The first an foremost concern in regards to tax money, is that it is spent wisely.  This is what killed the GOP in 2006.  They blew the budget.  Granted, there were two wars going on, but they still expanded the size and cost of gov't, spent everything they had and more, and generally turned away from hopes of fiscal conservatives.  This led to their downfall...

The Republican party needs to cut the social conservatives out and pursue a more socially moderate stance.  Next, they need to get down to brass tacks.  Pursue reduction in  gov't handouts, subsidies, entitlments, etc... cut taxes, or pursue a flat tax rate.  Military spending is okay, but focus on getting good value out of projects.  Military spending can't just promise better weapons and equipment.  Military projects need to be able to show some financial advantage versus the status quo.  This means not only must they give our soldiers better effectiveness, survivability, etc... but they must be easier and cheaper to maintain, transport, and upgrade.

Money is more important to people than social issues.  If something is too expensive, like healthcare, there is always a reason.  It isn't necessarily greed.  It could be the astronomical price of malpractice insurance, created by uncontrolled litigation.  But, our gov't is made up of lawyers who wouldn't want to cut their buddies' purse strings.

It's time to pursue a more libertarian (little 'L') when dealing with social issues, and a more conservative view on fiscal responsibility.
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 12:44:19 AM »
That's right.  Alienating the Republican base has worked very well so far.  Let's have some more of that. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 05:19:03 AM »
Jewish law is recognized as REQUIRING an abortion if the fetus can harm or kill the mother.

Some Orthodox Jews actually believe that masturbation is a sin because it 'kills' little baby spermatosoa by not allowing them to be delivered to their proper destination. I've actually read Orthodox literature that promotes that.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 07:59:01 AM »
Some Orthodox Jews actually believe that masturbation is a sin because it 'kills' little baby spermatosoa by not allowing them to be delivered to their proper destination. I've actually read Orthodox literature that promotes that.

They are pretty outside of the mainstream, at least from what I know in the USA.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »

ZOMG! I'm a serial killer!

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
ZOMG! I'm a serial killer!

Sawdust

Two kinds of people ones who masterbate and ones who lie about it.

Uranus is a gas giant.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »

Does that make the Internet a WMD now?......just don't tell BATFE.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2008, 03:16:05 PM »
They are pretty outside of the mainstream, at least from what I know in the USA.

Yes, in the US they are.

In Israel.... *headbangs*.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Yeah, but it appears Paulistas are mainstream in Israel, too.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
Yeah, but it appears Paulistas are mainstream in Israel, too.   =D

I'm not mainstream. Kthx.

Israel, btw, has FOUR! Free State Project signatories.

http://freestateproject.org/about/countries_count.php

erictank

• friends
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »

One wonders what their take is on the natural biological response to refraining from such "sin" for extended periods...

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2008, 11:48:03 PM »
So one shouldn't take a stand on public policy until one reads every legal opinion from each major religion?  You're sounding a bit theocratical, there, Mr. Nitro.  Or did YOU bother to ask the Bunny Man whether he thought life-of-the-mother abortions should be legal? 

My bizarre method of political decision-making involves looking for what's true for everybody, and trying to do the right thing.  For example, I'm not going to temper my view of bank-robbery by looking at the thief's point of view.   ;/