Author Topic: Apparently my evil plan to take over the intertubes,,, WORKS!! or not...  (Read 7421 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Bwaaahhhaahahahahaaaaaaa...

Do a search on "Jon Herington", see if my abriefepisode.com/herington address is on the first page of results. Please? Please don't click on it unless you really really have to though.  =)

If so congratulate Mr Tuttle on a job well done! I know it comes up at like #5 on mine.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:53:26 AM by 280plus »
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
Re: Apparently my evil plan to take over the intertubes,,, WORKS!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
Or not,,,

Are search results tailored to the individual over time? So like, If I search on the same name "jon Herington" a lot it will go up the ranks on my list but noone elses?

it'd be real helpful that if you don't see my page on the first page go back a few pages and see if it's showing up anywhere ?

PTK

• friends
Re: Apparently my evil plan to take over the intertubes,,, WORKS!!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
No result for that page in particular, I checked 10 pages. Sorry.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

280plus

• friend
Damn...  =(

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Sorry.  Searching for  "jon herington" in quotes I didn't see your url until the fifth listing on page 10.  Searching without quotes took me directly to "http://www.jonherington.com/" instead of a list of results.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
I think Mr. Tuttle now needs to compensate us all with an amusing or titillating post of some kind.  =D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

280plus

• friend

Sorry.  Searching for  "jon herington" in quotes I didn't see your url until the fifth listing on page 10.  Searching without quotes took me directly to "http://www.jonherington.com/" instead of a list of results.

DD
That's ok. I generally search IE (I guess) without quotes and get a list with his site at the top. What engine are you using?

280plus

• friend
I think Mr. Tuttle now needs to compensate us all with an amusing or titillating post of some kind.  =D

DD
Niot that he's done anything wrong but I could use some titillating right about now.  :laugh:

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
Quote from: 280plus
 That's ok. I generally search IE (I guess) without quotes and get a list with his site at the top. What engine are you using?

That was the Google search box.

Quote from: 280plus
Niot that he's done anything wrong but I could use some titillating right about now. 

You got it!  Don't let him off the hook.  We has leverage now.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

PTK

• friends
I looked again - it's the first result on page 11, for me.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

280plus

• friend
Thanks, overall those results aren't bad considering how new the pages are. would everyone agree they should climb up the list as time goes by?

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
Thanks, overall those results aren't bad considering how new the pages are. would everyone agree they should climb up the list as time goes by?

Sure.  I agree.  Now, who's arm do we twist to make it happen?   ;/

DD

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

280plus

• friend
Excellent question.  =|

Wait, the answer is right in front of us. Al Gore. After all, he invented the damn thing.  ;)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
Excellent question.  =|

Wait, the answer is right in front of us. Al Gore. After all, he invented the damn thing.  ;)

Well!

This could turn out good after all!

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
jonherington.com is #2 on the first page, but abriefepisode.com/herington  is not on anything up to page 13 -- and your name drops off at page 12.

Are you sure you/Harold muttered the correct incantations?  Sometimes a small change in one sylable can make all the difference.

[popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
using google, got you on page 10 for the quoted version
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

280plus

• friend
jonherington.com is #2 on the first page, but abriefepisode.com/herington  is not on anything up to page 13 -- and your name drops off at page 12.

Are you sure you/Harold muttered the correct incantations?  Sometimes a small change in one sylable can make all the difference.

[popcorn]

stay safe.
He may have been shaking the wrong bag of bones at the time.  :laugh:

280plus

• friend
yup, checked it on the kid's computer and found it at the bottom of page 10 in the yahoo search. I saw it on page 15 just a few, maybe 5 days ago, so it does seem to be making progress.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
prepare for titillation
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
prepare for titillation

LOVE the look on the dog's face!   :lol:

DD

No, NOT Helen's!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I believe that is more properly called "tuttleation".
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
using google, got you on page 10 for the quoted version

Maybe if you had more oboes.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
well part of the problem is having exclusive terms that only your website would have

"a fistful of oboes" only leads to one place on the innertubes