Author Topic: I think you can all relax  (Read 8576 times)

The Annoyed Man

I think you can all relax
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
I've looked into the future and McCain/Palin will win this election, and by a healthy margin.  Not that I think that's a good thing, but it's inevitable to anyone paying attention.  McCain will serve only one term, however.  His administration will be an abject failure, full of bluster and blunders.  He'll retire in disgrace, citing age/infirmity/illness as the reason.  Palin will run against HRC in 2012, and I can't see beyond that.

So don't worry about Obama, he'll never become POTUS.

Bigjake

• friend
Re: I think you can all relax
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:11:27 PM »
Undecided, I hope you're not too far off.

Personally, I'd like to see McCain elected, and then vapor lock about 2 weeks there after.  4 years of Palin and Hillary doesn't stand a chance.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »
We may not like it, but...it will still look like America.  Maybe a troubled and divided America but America.

We won't wake up wondering if we're living in East Germany before The Wall went down.

McCain's a mixed bag, that we already know, but as I keep saying, he buys us time, and we have up-and-comers in the wings.  Palin.  Jindal.  And others.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
Thanks Miss Cleo. Pssst, the cops are on to you, check it out!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
I think a McCain presidency is the least of two evils for most.  The sad fact is (for most on this board), one way or another, eventually there will be another Democrat president.  The question is if you want it to be BHO or if you want to roll the dice for someone not so extreme left in 2012.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »
I've looked into the future and McCain/Palin will win this election, and by a healthy margin.  Not that I think that's a good thing, but it's inevitable to anyone paying attention.  McCain will serve only one term, however.  His administration will be an abject failure, full of bluster and blunders.  He'll retire in disgrace, citing age/infirmity/illness as the reason.  Palin will run against HRC in 2012, and I can't see beyond that.

So don't worry about Obama, he'll never become POTUS.

Well, go ahead and tell us why you think so.  "A guy on the internet said I could relax," is not all that comforting, I'm afraid. 

His administration will be an abject failure, full of bluster and blunders.
I guess you could say that about any administration, with enough cherry-picking.  I doubt President McCain will be an abject anything.  His would be a rather unremarkable presidency.  Or rather, an unremarked one.  He's not the sort of guy the media will get all that excited about ridiculing/demeaning/accusing of various high crimes.  Of course, I really shouldn't put it past them. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:15:39 PM »
We may not like it, but...it will still look like America.  Maybe a troubled and divided America but America.

I think you're right, longeyes, and fairness compels me to add this: mediocre though Bush has been, he's at least been less awful than Liar Gore or that fake war hero in 2004.

Jefferson would have shaken his head in despair had he been able to see us settle so gladly for the lesser of two evils.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Umber

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 04:47:23 AM »
You're going to get what you want.  A McCain Administration.  The downside is, you'll have to live with it for the next four years.  And you won't like it.

Yes, indeed.  It does seem likely we're going to get a McCain administration.  And while I may like it less than a Palin / Jindal administration, I'll for damned sure like it much, much better than having Obama as our King-Messiah.

Umber  grin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:13:19 AM »
Obama's done us a favor.  He's shown us that a lot of Americans have become creatures who are easily hypnotized.  America is not American Idol.  We don't need any messiahs in a viable republic.  We don't need any Napoleons.  Not Obama.  Not Palin.  Not anyone.  They are supposed to be instruments of OUR enlightened will.

As for relaxing, we can never ever "relax."  Tyranny never sleeps.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:48:13 AM »
I hope the Repubs get a bump from the MP win in congress.  If you thing nobaba would not be so bad, look at congress, lowest rating in history, and, after the dims said they were going to show the country how they were going to clean up the Bush mess, yeah, right.....chris3

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »
Obama's done us a favor.  He's shown us that a lot of Americans have become creatures who are easily hypnotized.  America is not American Idol.  We don't need any messiahs in a viable republic.  We don't need any Napoleons.  Not Obama.  Not Palin.  Not anyone.  They are supposed to be instruments of OUR enlightened will.

As for relaxing, we can never ever "relax."  Tyranny never sleeps.

I don't see people treating Palin as a messiah. I see them liking her because she seems like a lady they might run into at a PTA meeting, a church dinner, or the store.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »
I think a McCain presidency is the least of two evils for most.  The sad fact is (for most on this board), one way or another, eventually there will be another Democrat president.  The question is if you want it to be BHO or if you want to roll the dice for someone not so extreme left in 2012.

If they ever figure out how to get a conservative southern democrat through the primaries, the Republicans are in trouble. 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 10:12:56 AM »

If they ever figure out how to get a conservative southern democrat through the primaries, the Republicans are in trouble. 

REAL Conservative Southern Democrats are on the endangerd species list and thought by many to have actually gone extinct (Dan Boren is still being investigated).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 10:15:20 AM »
The kos kids would tear any sensible moderate southern dem to shreds. I swear I think Karl Rove started that bunch, they eat their young. Token #1 and #2, Gore and Edwards, have way too much baggage and aren't exactly good ol boy friendly.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
The kos kids would tear any sensible moderate southern dem to shreds. I swear I think Karl Rove started that bunch, they eat their young. Token #1 and #2, Gore and Edwards, have way too much baggage and aren't exactly good ol boy friendly.

The Kos sorts have become outright communists, really.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
That's not real communism.  Just ask freakazoid.

Wink

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 10:31:42 AM »
I don't see people treating Palin as a messiah. I see them liking her because she seems like a lady they might run into at a PTA meeting, a church dinner, or the store.

No, not yet, but the potential for abuse is there, with anyone and a people that wants to be "swept away" and taken care of.  I'm a fan of Palin, based on what I know of her so far.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Oh Magic 8-Ball, will I have clean undershorts to wear tomorrow?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »
Jefferson would have shaken his head in despair had he been able to see us settle so gladly for the lesser of two evils.
We have had a lot of mediocre to bad presidents before. What we have not had before is one dedicated to the destrcution of what America is really about, although Lincoln and FDR came close.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
Oh, yeah, well, you tell Barry Hussein that he is not President now. grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
I've looked into the future.....

While you're looking, could you give me the numbers for the Texas Lotto this weekend?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
I've looked into the future.....

While you're looking, could you give me the numbers for the Texas Lotto this weekend?....

I'd settle for just knowing where the damn hurricane's gonna go...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:09:06 PM »
McCain's a mixed bag, that we already know, but as I keep saying, he buys us time, and we have up-and-comers in the wings.  Palin.  Jindal.  And others.

Translation:  'We're drowning, and desperate for anyone who will throw us a lifesaver of hope'.

Correct. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »
You're going to get what you want.  A McCain Administration.  The downside is, you'll have to live with it for the next four years.  And you won't like it.

But I'll like it much, much more than an Obama administration.  So, no, I'm not going to relax, I'm keeping the pedal to the metal.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:54:41 AM »
No, actually, we can't.  The Alaskan state gov has timed the ethics investigation to go off as an October surprise, and Obama has a 30 member squad of slime-sifters on the ground.  Relaxing before it's over is sending your guy to address 250,000 adoring Germans and planning an event in an 80,000 seat venue instead of researching every possible VP pick your opponent could come up with. 

Relaxing before it's over is what has given McCain/Palin this opportunity.

Not to doubt you prognosticating prowess, but I really don't know how good your kung-fu is.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com