Author Topic: Now we might bail out the entire #$! WORLD...except for responsible people.  (Read 8547 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
TEA PARTY. WHEN.

Gordon Brown, today.

I believe there is no challenge so great or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by America, Britain and the world working together. That is why President Obama and I will discuss this week a global new deal, whose impact can stretch from the villages of Africa to reforming the financial institutions of London and New York– and giving security to the hard-working families in every country.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article5821821.ece

NO!

I am not giving MY money to VILLAGES IN AFRICA!

GODDAMIT, ENOUGH!

MicroBalrog

• friend
It is merely a logical conclusion of the last 70 years.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Nick1911

• Administrator
Are you sure that isn't copied from a Rand book?  Could convince me...

mtnbkr

• friend
NO!

I am not giving MY money to VILLAGES IN AFRICA!

GODDAMIT, ENOUGH!

And exactly what are you doing to stop it other than ranting to us.

Chris

Nick1911

• Administrator

Chris

That's kind of the question... what can one do?

If you don't want to be a part of this, you can expat, or find ways to avoid paying taxes, which is a crime.

Is there a third option I'm missing?

mtnbkr

• friend
which is what makes "I am not giving MY money to VILLAGES IN AFRICA!" so amusing.

Chris

MicroBalrog

• friend
So how is this different from the decades of American foreign aid before that? Apart from the sheer mind-boggling scale?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend

Chris

Other than transacting as much business under the table as possible if necessary, doing everything possible with cash and barter and being "Income? What income?" on everything but one's salary, what can be done?

I think there is going to be a mass breaking point, though.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht

It differs only in orders of magnitude.

And that fact that the U.S. Government is for all practical purposes flat broke.

But I suppose that to those who subsist on cookies of dirt, biscuits of paper & ink are a feast beyond imagination.

I think there is going to be a mass breaking point, though.

Not until taxes on the producers reaches confiscatory levels though.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

longeyes

• friend
No, things don't just slowly grind down, they reach critical mass and collapse.  That's how avalanches occur.  A point of instability is reached and then "one small thing" precipitates disaster.  There will be the social (rather than economic) equivalent of a "Lehman Brothers" or "Bear Sterns" that will take most people by surprise but could have been foreseen. And then, wham, all the rules will change.  It will happen fast and be startling in its magnitude. I'll leave to your imaginations what such an event or events might be.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
Pour it on. Not enough pain over this yet.
Guess many folks don't believe this is turning into a shooting war when nobody knows who the deserving lead recipients are?
Anyone heard from Clair Wolf in the last couple of years? Some folks have been waiting on that character for the word go.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

longeyes

• friend
You need Claire Wolf to tell you when enough is enough, when your own survival and the people and the culture you care about is being pushed against the wall?

Give Obama credit for audacity, not of hope but of sheer bravado.  He is saying, "I'm the President and you're not.  I own you.  And you don't have the guts to do anything about it."

I guess time will tell if he's right.

All situations like eventually come down to one fact: Who's got the military.

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
Don't worry, be happy.  The destruction of the left is just begun.  All we need do is sit back and watch them do it to themselves. 

It won't take long either.  We won't have to wait till 2010.  There are still some D patriots and they'll be jumping ship soon.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

longeyes

• friend
Obama should remember one word: NIXON.

Nixon wound up having to resign his office.  I have a feeling he won't be the last.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Haven't we been bailing out the rest of the world for quite some time (and especially African villages, under the Bush administration) ?  Foreign aid, the Marshall Plan, WWII? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
Don't forget the UN

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Haven't we been bailing out the rest of the world for quite some time (and especially African villages, under the Bush administration) ?  Foreign aid, the Marshall Plan, WWII? 

Sadly yes. Which is why one can logically assume that what is proposed would be a significant increase.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
No, things don't just slowly grind down, they reach critical mass and collapse.

The Carter years were a grind.  I believe Carter II will be more of the same. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

longeyes

• friend
The theory was: Bail out the world, create markets, get rich and be loved.

Maybe the old, less "civilized," theories of statecraft were sounder. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
And this, to inspire confidence, just in...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1155562/Brown-told-question-banks-risky-practices-says-City-watchdog.html

Brown told us not to question banks on risky practices, says City watchdog
By JOE MURPHY and PAUL WAUGH

Gordon Brown helped fuel Britain's banking crisis by pressuring City watchdogs into 'light-touch regulation', MPs were told today.

In damning evidence to the Treasury select committee, Financial Services Authority chairman Lord Turner said there was clear 'political' pressure not to question the business models of banks such as Northern Rock, HBOS and Bradford and Bingley.

The phrase 'light-touch regulation' was one often used by Mr Brown when chancellor and his then City minister Ed Balls.

Lord Turner also admitted that his predecessors at the FSA had failed to spot the wider systemic risks of complicated financial instruments and the housing and lending boom.

Lord Turner pledged the City watchdog would unveil a 'revolution' next month in the way it monitors banks, their bonuses and business models.

He added that the FSA was focused on specific processes within banks rather than their overall lending policies.

Lord Turner told the committee that he had recently gone through the FSA's detailed reports on HBOS.

'We had a philosophy of how to do regulation which was founded on organisational structures, processes, systems, whether reporting lines were correct.

'It fairly overtly said that it was not the function of a regulator to cast questions over the overall business strategy of an institution, You may find that surprising. I find that surprising.'

Lord Turner was accused by MPs of deflecting criticism from the FSA itself and committee chairman John McFall said his remarks had raised serious questions about the FSA's independence.

Lord Turner stressed that economists and finance ministers had got it wrong in failing to spot the dangers in the lending boom.

But he added that if the FSA had tried to step in it risked being accused by politicians of trying to 'prevent the democratisation of home ownership'.

In spite of the disastrous state to which the banking system has been consigned, the FSA also announced today that it would be paying out  £21 million in bonuses to staff. Chief executive Hector Sants told the committee that each employee would get between £7,000 and £8,000.

Earlier, Chancellor Alistair Darling urged banks to stop haggling and sign up to the latest £500 billion bail-out plan.

The Treasury is offering to underwrite toxic assets amounting to about £250 billion each at RBS and Lloyds and in return, they are expected to give a pledge to increase lending to families and businesses by an extra £40 billion.

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Anyone heard from Clair Wolf in the last couple of years? Some folks have been waiting on that character for the word go.

http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/isittimeyet.html
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
Feeling stimulated yet?
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

HankB

• friend
No surprise here.

Well before the election, Candidate Obama indicated support for the UN's program to fight "global poverty" which would involve "rich" nations pledging a portion of their GNP to "global poverty" efforts.

The USA's share was estimated to come to >$800,000,000,000 over the next 10 (or was it 5?) years.  :mad: <cuss> <expletive>

He's either stupid, malicious, or the highest placed Fifth Columnist we've ever seen.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
No surprise here.

Well before the election, Candidate Obama indicated support for the UN's program to fight "global poverty" which would involve "rich" nations pledging a portion of their GNP to "global poverty" efforts.

The USA's share was estimated to come to >$800,000,000,000 over the next 10 (or was it 5?) years.  :mad: <cuss> <expletive>

He's either stupid, malicious, or the highest placed Fifth Columnist we've ever seen.

Yep, and pumping cash into poor nations has worked out so well in the past.  Africa is a veritable garden spot now!