Author Topic: Michigan Sikhs Want Religious Swords in School  (Read 8618 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Michigan Sikhs Want Religious Swords in School
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
This Sikh website disagrees:

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Kirpan

Carrying weapons to protect the weak from slavery seems to me to be an awesome thing.

i have never heard of sikh-ism, but it seems they have this part of the kool-aid right.

Banning all knives in school rather than banning the misuse of knives (etcetera) teaches what? That no one can be trusted and everyone must be controlled?

A number of us here remember a time when knife carry was the norm, and some of us can remember guns being brought to school for "show and  tell" or for hunting on the way home.

Change the law back. Full-size kirpans are fine for show-and-tell, small discrete kirpans should be fine for daily wear.  The rest of us and the kids  should be allowed our out-side-of-school daily wear knives as well. You do have a daily wear knife, don't you?

this goes back to the inanimate object being the evil, rather than the one weilding it.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Michigan Sikhs Want Religious Swords in School
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
I'm a Christian....and Jesus told his followers to carry a sword (the SD weapon of that historical period)....so all the gun/knife ban laws are infringing on my religious freedom (since pistols & knives are the SD weapons of this historical period).....

Best of luck to the Sikhs....win this suit, and the Christians can file one right behind you.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.