Author Topic: Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire (Obama)  (Read 4061 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire (Obama)
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
Seven lies in less than two minutes. I wonder if this "man"(Obama) is capable of telling the truth (unless he's talking about "fundamentally" changing America).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0

Title edited for clarity
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:23:24 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Liar! Liar!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »
will share on facebook for ya
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
will share on facebook for ya

Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to do that.

Ah ha! Figured it out! Click on "Share", duh!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:02:07 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
That would have made a GREAT campaign commercial . . . which is exactly why the The Stupid PartyTM didn't use it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
That would have made a GREAT campaign commercial . . . which is exactly why the The Stupid PartyTM didn't use it.

They were too busy being "nice"...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
Counting Obama's lies would be a full time job.  I'm not sure anyone could keep up.   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
Counting Obama's lies would be a full time job.  I'm not sure anyone could keep up.   ;/

It'd be much easier to count the times when he's telling the truth...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hutch

• friend
Re: Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire (Obama)
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
There seem to be no negative consequences for lying to the electorate.  No shame or embarrassment.  How do they sleep?  How do they even face themselves in the mirror?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »
No kidding.

In Hell, there's a series of clocks, one for each of us. Each time we tell a lie, the minute hand advances a minute. A BIG lie, and it's the hour hand that advances.

There's a huge wall of these, monitored by minor demons and imps. Some move quickly, other, hardly at all.

Except Obama's isn't there with the rest; the Devil keeps it in his own private office.

He uses it as a fan.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
There seem to be no negative consequences for lying to the electorate.  No shame or embarrassment.  How do they sleep?  How do they even face themselves in the mirror?

They have no soul.

They don't believe lying is wrong.

They believe the end justifies the means.

They believe in the cause.

They are crusaders and particularly dangerous ones.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

As for the electorate, they appear to prefer to hear what they want to hear and don't care about actions. Claiming good intentions is all that matters, anymore.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
There seem to be no negative consequences for lying to the electorate.  No shame or embarrassment.  How do they sleep?  How do they even face themselves in the mirror?

In all seriousness, these people don't think of themselves as lying, they think of themselves as "manufacturing truth" or even "providing better than truth." 

LI has a good article on the "Obama truth machine."

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
The media not only reinforces, but enforces the left's view of reality.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

I say makattak gives them too much credit.

I think they just don't care.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire (Obama)
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
I say makattak gives them too much credit.

I think they just don't care.
Aren't their kind invisible in the mirror

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire (Obama)
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
Aren't their kind invisible in the mirror

damn phone

I'm pickin' up what yer throwin' down! I just thought they were extremely transparent.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:11:44 AM by Sergeant Bob »