Author Topic: Fly 320's, Was This You?  (Read 7524 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Fly 320's, Was This You?
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
I bet that dropped the airspeed a little bit, along with weird skewing feeling.  :O

Reminds me of the P3 that had 3 engines flame out at the same time. At least they were at altitude and had plenty of time to restart them. I talked to the crew after that, they were pretty animated.  ;)

bob

"Mayday mayday mayday! Yuma tower this is Reach 123 heavy we need to return to land. We have an engine out"
"Reach 123 heavy, roger.  Extend downwind you're following a harrier to the field."
"But we're an emergency!"
"Sir, he is an emergency, too.  And you've got 3 engines left.  He's got none!"
Or something to that effect
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 09:34:15 PM »
"Mayday mayday mayday! Yuma tower this is Reach 123 heavy we need to return to land. We have an engine out"
"Reach 123 heavy, roger.  Extend downwind you're following a harrier to the field."
"But we're an emergency!"
"Sir, he is an emergency, too.  And you've got 3 engines left.  He's got none!"
Or something to that effect
A military pilot called for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked." Air Traffic Control told the fighter pilot that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down. "Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach."
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
The one with the heavy, I'm drawing from memory third hand and twenty years ago.  We did have 5 emergencies in progress at once, one time though.  One was a C130 with an engine out.  He was last.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »
In regards to the original posting, clearly the crew had advance knowledge of the problem.  The question is, how did they know?

It was in the script.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »
It was in the script.

They saw it on TV, duh!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »
Thrust reversers deployed in flight can be a bad thing.

Interesting, however, it's not like they couldn't have prevented it.

At 23:08, Welch and Thurner received a visual warning indicating that a possible system failure would cause the thrust reverser on the number 1 engine to deploy in flight. Having consulted the aircraft's Quick Reference Handbook, they determined that it was "just an advisory thing" and took no action.[3]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G