Author Topic: Paging MS Access gurus  (Read 253 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Paging MS Access gurus
« on: October 02, 2022, 09:03:29 PM »
I am about as far as it's possible to be from being an Access power user. Well, not quite -- I do have Access (2019) on my computer, so I have a leg up on people who only have Office Home & Student, or Office Home & Business. But when it comes to actually using Access, I'm a total neophyte.

The office where I work has been maintaining a paper log, in an old 3-ring binder, to track plans that come in "over the counter" (physical delivery of paper prints, as opposed to on-line uploads). It's an imperfect system, and the shortcomings have become more apparent thanks to a clerical employee who doesn't seem capable of learning much of anything. Being a bit of a masochist, I decided that I would try to create a simple Access database to replace the looseleaf binder.

So far I have a database, I have a data entry form, and I this weekend I managed to create a simple query and report that can churn out a list of all the entries, sorted by date received and then by street address. I think I sprained my shoulder from patting myself on the back for getting that far.

HOWEVER -- after a couple of years, that full list is going to become unwieldy. What's really needed is a query and report that allows selecting a date range. Does anyone here know how to do that? If so, can you coach me on how to do it? Or, if I send you the file, maybe just DO it? (But I would prefer learning how to do it myself.

Thanks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design