Author Topic: Deat Santa, I've been a very good boy (or will be if you bring me this)  (Read 5197 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Deat Santa, I've been a very good boy (or will be if you bring me this)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 02:01:57 AM »
THE thing to have is Red Lion's Indexing foregrip: http://www.redlionprecision.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R6
I thought about that and their front sight replacement.  However, I thought I would be near halfway to just getting the new gen 2 sub2000 which has a lot of those features.  I saw one at a local gun store this week priced at about $500.  It was sold when I went back later. 

The upgrade kit I got should fix the front sight issues I have. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 08:06:59 AM »
My Santa present would be the new Glock 40.

Are you pro-fresh-enal enough to handle it?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 08:48:50 AM »
What stands out to me is the nice metal and wood construction.  They also mentioned the action closes up pretty tight.  Reproducing that today wouldn't be cheap, but they should be able to make it really nice. 

Yep that. I like the look of high quality metal and wood that you just don't find on firearms today.
I'm not real sure about that pump action though, make one in a lever like that and I'd jump all over it (if the price weren't astronomical).
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »
Pietta is Beretta is Taurus now so .. no more cool repros.

The first link I knew.  The second ..."Say what?!"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »
Are you pro-fresh-enal enough to handle it?

stay safe.

Different Glock FO-Tay

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g40gen4mos

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »
Quote from: lee n. field
Quote from: Triphammer
Pietta is Beretta is Taurus now so .. no more cool repros.

The first link I knew.  The second ..."Say what?!"

I thought Beretta bought Uberti, not Pietta. AFAIK both Uberti and Pietta are still very busy making high quality reproductions of historic firearms.

And I thought Taurus and Beretta parted ways about twenty years ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
Yeah, the only business relationship Taurus had/has with Beretta was that Taurus bought their factory, machinery, and such in Brazil in 1980. Nothing since then that I'm aware of.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 10:24:36 PM »
Yep that. I like the look of high quality metal and wood that you just don't find on firearms today.
I'm not real sure about that pump action though, make one in a lever like that and I'd jump all over it (if the price weren't astronomical).
Either way, go find one of those guys who make really nice over under shot guns or double rifles.  Give them a Keltec sub2000 and say "make your version of a pistol carbine that still takes Glock mags.  No other plastic and weight is not an issue."  I would be interesting to see what they come up with. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 06:38:42 AM »
What's with the Glock magazines all the time?

Pretty soon you're going to want 1911s and BHPs to take Glock magazines.

I, for one, am going to hold out and resist the Borg as long as possible.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »

stay safe.

No, no, no... Glock is not the Borg.  Apple is the Borg.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »

stay safe.
I already own several larger capacity Glock mags. 

I am okay with other mags as long as it is consistently well made, 100% reliable, and have a high capacity.  Most manufacturers do well with magazines these days.  Maybe the specification should be "well made, high capacity, stick magazine." 

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »
I already own several larger capacity Glock mags. 

I am okay with other mags as long as it is consistently well made, 100% reliable, and have a high capacity.  Most manufacturers do well with magazines these days.  Maybe the specification should be "well made, high capacity, stick magazine." 

Know where I can get a few for a 1911 or a Browning High Power?  Or are they only configured to be interchangeable in Glocks and stuff purpose-built to use Glock/Glock-like magazines?

stay safe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »
Hell no.  I have seen High Cap mags for a 1911.  I have no idea if they work or not. 

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »
Here Skid, John Dillinger's F/A 1911:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
What ya REALLY need is this:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
I've got some 20, 25, and 50-round stick mags for 1911s.  They work well except are a PITA to CC, which is OK since I OC.  They do make sitting in a booth, or even in the car, "challenging".  Straight-back chairs with no arms work.

But I do get a few "looks" wearing Thompson mag carriers and my Camp carbine slung over my shoulder.

Best I have found that work are 19-round BHP mags.

Want moar for both.

stay safe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 11:56:33 AM »
How so odd?  Awkward? 

The biggest thing I had to get around was my intimate knowledge of pump shotguns.

As a right handed shooter, I KNOW that if I want cycle the gun I use my left hand.

Only with a Burgess, you use the right hand, which can be VERY confusing at first.

One of the people I know who has shot one said it took him some time to get used to that, and that when he went back to a standard pump he also had a bit of a transition period.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
The biggest thing I had to get around was my intimate knowledge of pump shotguns.

As a right handed shooter, I KNOW that if I want cycle the gun I use my left hand.

Only with a Burgess, you use the right hand, which can be VERY confusing at first.

One of the people I know who has shot one said it took him some time to get used to that, and that when he went back to a standard pump he also had a bit of a transition period.

Ah.  Thanks for expanding on that.

I actually didn't notice the fact it ran backwards,  so it's obscurity makes more sense.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.