Author Topic: Bozo the Bounty Hunter  (Read 2255 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Bozo the Bounty Hunter
« on: May 15, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
These dumbasses got really lucky.

http://www.newson6.com/story/18391006/bounty-hunters-arrested-after

And to add icing to the clown cake two of the clowns had outstanding warrants against them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Bozo the Bounty Hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
All three men got tickets for breaking and entering without permission.

Really, they got tickets? Should have been thrown under the jail.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
she's glad she didn't have her gun, because she believes she would've killed them.

Too bad that she didn't  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »
Really, they got tickets? Should have been thrown under the jail.

Who knows what she means by "got tickets"? The article is so poorly written, it would be hard to trust anything in it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:33:31 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
Who knows that she means by "got tickets"? The article is so poorly written, it would be hard to trust anything in it.

True story.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
These dudes are very lucky the woman - foolishly, IMHO - stayed on the line rather than getting her gun.

(Note to self: if bad guys are attempting to force entry, get gun first, then call 911.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »
These dudes are very lucky the woman - foolishly, IMHO - stayed on the line rather than getting her gun.

(Note to self: if bad guys are attempting to force entry, get gun first, then call 911.)

Dial 1911  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:13:56 PM »

Does anyone know the law on this question?  If the woman had been hurt by these men after we took the advice of the 911 operator and did not arm herself, would the 911 operator or the city that runs it be liable?  It seems to me that people assume those operators have authority when they do not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »
Does anyone know the law on this question?  If the woman had been hurt by these men after we took the advice of the 911 operator and did not arm herself, would the 911 operator or the city that runs it be liable?  It seems to me that people assume those operators have authority when they do not. 

Around here, the dispatchers are minumum wage employees with little training  =(

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »

It depends on the laws of the state, as well as who mans the dispatch center. Just in my state, a number of smaller towns have joined in regional dispatch centers, manned by civilians. My own town runs its own distach center, located in police HQ, but manned by civilians. The town next door also runs its own dispatch center, also located in plice HQ -- but manned by uniformed, sworn officers. Of course, most people dialing 9-1-1 won't have a clue whether or not the voice on the other end is a cop, and I'm not sure that (from a legal perspective) it makes any difference.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »

Can you say "qualified immunity" regarding the dispatcher and "soverign immunity" regarding the city?

I knew you could. =D

You need to prove that they knew at the time they told her that the state of the law was such that telling her not to arm herself was either unconstitutional or had been determined to be grossly negligent.

Being a cop, quasi-cop, or the gooberment means (almost) never having to say you are sorry.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
Can you say "qualified immunity" regarding the dispatcher and "soverign immunity" regarding the city?

I knew you could. =D

You need to prove that they knew at the time they told her that the state of the law was such that telling her not to arm herself was either unconstitutional or had been determined to be grossly negligent.

Being a cop, quasi-cop, or the gooberment means (almost) never having to say you are sorry.

stay safe.
I figured that was the case, but I had to ask.  It bothers me that 911 operators are telling anyone what to do.  IMO, they shouldn't do anything of the kind.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge