Author Topic: A good day at the range.  (Read 509 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
A good day at the range.
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Well, even a bad day at the range is better than a good day working (barring accident or injury)

Red Castle Gun Club http://www.tulsaredcastlegunclub.com/

I don't get out there nearly as often as I'd like but I always enjoy the facility. Heck even the drive from the gate is almost worth the annual dues, It's located on the John Zink Ranch NW of Tulsa.
Shot some reloads I'd been working up and had some promising results as well as a few dismal failures.

I even got to "school"  an old fart. There is a handgun silhouette range and I get a kick out of trying to knock the 100 yard pigs down with my 1911. Older fellow saw me setting up and asked if I was seriously going to try it. He told me a .45 didn't even shoot that far and even if it did it wouldn't have enough left to knock over the targets.
Now I'm not good enough to hit 'em every time but once in a while I get in the groove.
 It took me a few sighting shots but after the first one down I reloaded and knocked down 3 in a row.  The older guy didn't even have anything to say after that =D

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams