Author Topic: Some people just need beat.  (Read 3127 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Some people just need beat.
« on: June 14, 2012, 06:12:17 AM »
I had to travel to one of office I cover in a mid-sized town tonight and when I get to the office there is a cardboard box next to the door. Kind of a small letters wtf thing. I shine a light in it and there sits a tiny little kitten. Some turd sucking *expletive deleted*it *expletive deleted*ck ass miserable excuse for a human has abandoned the thing there. Of course they thoughtfully left it something to eat, about half of a greasy burger and a paper bowl of water to drink. It had been there long enough that the ants had found it and had pretty well covered the burger. The poor little thing was huddled in a corner trying to get away from the ants and mewing pitifully. The local animal control in that town is a 8-5 operation and the non-emergency dispatcher I talked to at the PD said all they could do was leave animal control a message. What kind of filth would dump such a critter at the door of a business?

Now it isn't that I dislike cats or have any animosity towards them but I'm just not a cat person, cats are also one of the very few thing that can set off an allergy with me. And, as I'm at work and in a company vehicle I can't rescue the poor creature. My son lives only 6-7 miles from the site so I called my tender hearted daughter in law. They now have 3 cats.

Super bonus. I likely saved the kitten, scored tender hearted points with the daughter in law and annoyed the crap out of my son.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Some people just need beat.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »
Well done, man.  =)
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »
Any time one can annoy one of your kids, it is a successful day. ;)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
I went to buy some steaks at a grocery with a good meat market yesterday.  Some kids were giving away free kittens out front.  I had to laugh as my intent was to buy meat for the grill.  I almost wish I had gone over to look at them and make comments about trying out my new grill.  The looks on their faces would have been priceless. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »
That's certainly a better outcome than a shower of kitten and burger debris after the bomb squad detonates it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »

{snip}

Super bonus. I likely saved the kitten, scored tender hearted points with the daughter in law and annoyed the crap out of my son.

A hat trick for RKL!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
A little update.
The kitten, "Alex" (female) is doing fine.
My daughter ended up with it. So, not only did I accomplish the earlier mentioned things, I also inconvenienced my daughter, who lives with my mother in law and the wife's 88 year old grandmother and my 5 year old grand daughter (5 generation spread in that household).

The cat tolerates my daughter, the bringer of food, spends her free time pouncing on my mother in law, Do cats have any other kind of time? and loves all over the grand mother and grand daughter
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
So you've made life better for some while annoying a few others.  I'd call that a good outcome.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
Someone should stick the son ofa bitch in a box.

Filled with fire ants.

After coating them in a good lathering of honey.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
Someone should stick the son ofa bitch in a box.

Filled with fire ants.

After coating them in a good lathering of honey.

What did Alex do to deserve this?

And besides, RKL says she's a she (he musta looked, the pervert).

Oh!  You mean the person who abandoned her.

Yeah, I'd go along with that (much as I do not like cats except as slippers/mittens/sandwich filling).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Ya big Pussy! Way to go. The kitten was worth more than the jerkwad who dumped it, and needed saving.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:51 PM »
RKL... :-*  :-*  :-*
 =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »

A triple header.

Well played, Sir, well played indeed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 10:33:28 PM »
And besides, RKL says she's a she (he musta looked, the pervert).

I was at work when I found it. I wasn't about to handle the poor thing because I was concerned about icky stuff like fleas or cat poo.

Samuel Adams

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »
My neighbor has tried a couple times to give us kittens.  I don't think he's ever gotten a faster no.  In fact, the last time he didn't even get to ask.  He just said "We've got kitt..."  "NO!!!"
Formerly sumpnz