Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 3804 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Another school shooting
« on: February 01, 2018, 01:25:46 PM »
Los Angeles, CA. Two students wounded, one adult injured, shooter (female student) in custody.

http://ktla.com/2018/02/01/2-students-may-have-been-shot-in-classroom-in-westlake-district-authorities-say/

I'm so glad we have laws that prohibit guns in schools. It makes everyone SOOOOO much safer.

In other news, the usual suspects are claiming that the Benton, KY, school shooting was the eleventh school shooting this year. Once again, the devil is in the details. Running down three of their alleged "school shootings," I found that nobody was injured in any of them. In one, the window of a school bus was broken by a pellet from a BB gun. (Not clear if the bus was on or off school property at the time of the incident.)

The other two involved stray shots from off the school property breaking windows, with no injuries. Since the aw-thaw-rih-tays have not found any suspects, there's no way to know whether those shots were intentionally aimed at the schools, or of they were accidental.

Yet another incident took place January 22 in New Orleans. In that incident, a shooter fired from a pickup truck on the street. Nobody was shot, but one student suffered an abrasion (probably from hitting the dirt). Again, no suspects.

None of this matters to the gun banners -- to them they're all "school shootings" and they use them to inflate their statistics.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:46:34 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »
Female shooter is highly unusual.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
"Running down three of their alleged "school shootings," I found that nobody was injured in any of them. In one, the window of a school bus was broken by a pellet from a BB gun."

How did they know the bus window was "shot" with a BB gun?

Yes, you're right.  Anything that can be bent to fit the agenda is "evidence."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
Does anyone have any updated information on the Benton, Kentucky, shooting in January? I need to find out whether or not the gun was obtained legally.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »
How did they know the bus window was "shot" with a BB gun?

I don't have a link to the article, but I was paraphrasing. I think the article actually said that the window was "broken" by a round from a "pellet gun." I assume either they found the BB, or the breakage was the typical, tiny hole that results when you shoot a pane of glass with a BB gun. (Of course, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of what such holes might look like.)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 02:39:01 PM »

Not in a Hispanic gang. We'll see if the facts support my supposition.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Not in a Hispanic gang. We'll see if the facts support my supposition.

In that part of Los Angeles, it is a distinct possibility.

ETA:  latest report indicates that the suspect is twelve years old.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:32:59 PM by Angel Eyes »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:29 PM »
In that part of Los Angeles, it is a distinct possibility.

ETA:  latest report indicates that the suspect is twelve years old.

Just another kid looking for a little "respect."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 11:30:04 PM »

That misogynistic
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »
I thought the reports were that the shooter was 15.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:55 AM »
The shooting was supposedly "not intentional."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
The shooting was supposedly "not intentional."

Article?

So it was another example of a smart gun, that knows how to fire itself with no human intervention?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »
I have it on good authority from some of my liberal friends that there have actually been 53 million school shootings this year so far with eleventy trillion deal chillruns, and that Trump and the NRA are covering it up.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 10:16:30 AM »
Article?

So it was another example of a smart gun, that knows how to fire itself with no human intervention?

Says so in the main article now:

http://ktla.com/2018/02/01/2-students-may-have-been-shot-in-classroom-in-westlake-district-authorities-say/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 05:19:51 PM »
Confirmation, of a sort:

http://www.newser.com/story/254890/cops-la-school-shooting-was-accidental.html

She claims she didn't know it was loaded. Could be true. If so, this is part of the problem with the liberal paranoia regarding guns. G-d forbid we should teach kids how to know when a gun is [EEK!] loaded. Or that loaded guns can "go off" if you drop them.

:facepalm:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »
Here's a sample of why kids who are bullied may end up bringing a gun to school:

http://www.newser.com/story/254875/teen-suspended-over-viral-anti-bullying-video.html

Girl records a video against bullying. School suspends girl for either (a) inciting violence, or (b) recording in a classroom without permission -- after school. But, the school says she wasn't suspended for inciting violence, and a coach has confirmed that she DID have permission.

So ... why was she suspended, again? I know why (to my satisfaction):

Johnson [Wilson County Schools spokesperson Jennifer Johnson] adds that it's "patently false" to say Gipson was punished for inciting violence and there's "no evidence whatsoever" that the student who died was bullied, despite the claims of other students.

That's what happened when my adopted daughter was bullied in our local high school to the extent that she had a nervous breakdown. The school simply stonewalled, denied, and said it never happened. The problem is that the schools have no answer to bullying, they don't want word to get out that it happens and that they don't know how to deal with it ... so they just ignore it, bury it, cover it up, and when someone mentions it (as this young lady did) ... shoot the messenger.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »
Confirmation, of a sort:

http://www.newser.com/story/254890/cops-la-school-shooting-was-accidental.html

"I didn't mean to. I had the gun in my backpack and I didn't know it was loaded and my backpack fell and the gun went off." He says the girl "doesn't do bad things, she just stays quiet."

She brought a SIG P320 to school?  That explains it.

Still having difficulty believing a single accidental gunshot wounded five people, one of them critically.

(yes, I know a couple were hit with broken glass, but still ...)

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »
Guess that weapon wasn't California drop safe.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
She brought a SIG P320 to school?  That explains it.

Still having difficulty believing a single accidental gunshot wounded five people, one of them critically.

(yes, I know a couple were hit with broken glass, but still ...)

Only two were wounded. The other three were injured in the scramble to get out of Dodge.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 01:47:13 AM »
G-d forbid we should teach kids how to know when a gun is [EEK!] loaded. Or that loaded guns can "go off" if you drop them.

:facepalm:

If they've seen enough movies and television, they know that guns fire when dropped, about 50% of the time.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »
Here's a sample of why kids who are bullied may end up bringing a gun to school:

http://www.newser.com/story/254875/teen-suspended-over-viral-anti-bullying-video.html

Girl records a video against bullying. School suspends girl for either (a) inciting violence, or (b) recording in a classroom without permission -- after school. But, the school says she wasn't suspended for inciting violence, and a coach has confirmed that she DID have permission.

So ... why was she suspended, again? I know why (to my satisfaction):

That's what happened when my adopted daughter was bullied in our local high school to the extent that she had a nervous breakdown. The school simply stonewalled, denied, and said it never happened. The problem is that the schools have no answer to bullying, they don't want word to get out that it happens and that they don't know how to deal with it ... so they just ignore it, bury it, cover it up, and when someone mentions it (as this young lady did) ... shoot the messenger.
Yep.  When kids get put under that kind of pressure, it can lead to some decision making that people don't want to think about.  They need guidance and often the adults around them aren't there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
Schools suck at protecting the kids getting bullied. I can't understand the mentality that allows it.

http://www.newson6.com/story/36674868/muskogee-mom-says-sexual-assault-of-son-is-being-swept-under-rug

This case is still going on since September and the school is still stonewalling the investigation.
Championship level football team at stake so...

http://www.newson6.com/story/37229646/investigator-4-bixby-high-school-football-players-admit-to-sexually-assaulting-teammate

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 10:43:53 AM »
Schools suck at protecting the kids getting bullied. I can't understand the mentality that allows it.

The teachers and administrators are too busy chasing down kids to make pop tarts into shapes that look like guns. They can't be everywhere, you know.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »

http://www.newson6.com/story/36674868/muskogee-mom-says-sexual-assault-of-son-is-being-swept-under-rug

This case is still going on since September and the school is still stonewalling the investigation.
Championship level football team at stake so...

http://www.newson6.com/story/37229646/investigator-4-bixby-high-school-football-players-admit-to-sexually-assaulting-teammate

Things have changed since I was there.

Yea,  I had a few incidents as a youth with bullying.  Bact in the  late 1960s-early '70s  though the school authoriies,  while not always being omniscient,  actively did STOMP DOWN BULLYING  when ever and where ever they could find it.  No tolerance.  No looking away,  no pc crapola.

Wow....things change.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero