Author Topic: your toys, your domestic appliances, your plates yearning to breathe free  (Read 1677 times)

agricola

• friend
This is magnificent:

There hadn't been many – indeed any – rallies like it before in Russia. Last month saw dozens of toys, from teddy bears to Lego figurines, standing out in the snow of a Siberian city with banners complaining about corruption and electoral malpractice.

At the time, Russian authorities in Barnaul declared the protest "an unsanctioned public event".

Now a petition to hold another protest featuring 100 Kinder Surprise toys, 100 Lego people, 20 model soldiers, 15 soft toys and 10 toy cars has been rejected because the toys have been deemed not to be "citizens of Russia".

"As you understand, toys, especially imported toys, are not only not citizens of Russia but they are not even people," Andrei Lyapunov, a spokesman for Barnaul, told local media.

"It is possible that the people who have applied are inspired by their toys … and consider them their friends but the law unfortunately has a different point of view," said Lyapunov. "Neither toys nor, for example, flags, plates or domestic appliances can take part in a meeting."

One possibility, said the activist Sergei Andreev, is a solitary picket, which is allowed to take place without permission from local authorities under Russian law.

"We will stand up one [toy] and the rest will sit on a bench not far away," said Andreev.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/15/toys-protest-not-citizens-russia

:D
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

SADShooter

• friend
Re: your toys, your domestic appliances, your plates yearning to breathe free
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »
Magnificent, indeed. The only thing more awe-inspiring than a brilliant display of irony is abject ignorance by the targets of same.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Here in America, we send the tools out to protest.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
Here in America, we send the tools out to protest.

There are CHILDREN'S STORIES, written for the level of 3 to 4 year olds that explain everthing that is wrong with that.

These people are unable to grasp even that much wisdom.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
Instead of standing around with a sign, you moron, why don't you go get rich.  You can you know...all you have to do is wor....oh, wait.  Never mind. [barf]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw