Author Topic: Leftist activists call Peres 'criminal' in France  (Read 17315 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Leftist activists call Peres 'criminal' in France
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2008, 03:13:59 AM »
i was a lil unfair  the other arab countries welcome palestinians  to do all their scut work.  so long as they don't plan on staying
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »
If the Palestinians keep making war against Israel, I fully support Israel making war back.  And I'm rooting for Israel.  The Jews have taken enough crap from the rest of the world.  It's time they start dishing it out one round at a time.

In other words, this is about your preference for one race of people over another, not some abstract principle that might makes right.

This isn't a world where fighting solves nothing-but there are situations where fighting makes things worse, and this is one of them, because both peoples live in the same place.

Why does no one make a big deal about them refusing to take in their own people?  Why is all the insistence that Israel give up the meager land and property it has?  You want a peaceful solution?  Lobby for the surrounding nations to stop funding terrorism and start building homes in their own land for the Palestinian refugees. 

Did you stop to consider that the Palestinians might actually not want to be kicked out of their homes?

This is a strange recommendation.  One piece of land is not equivalent to another-I seriously doubt that you can find any people on the planet who will be happy to have you tear down their homes to build your own, as long as you offer them a home somewhere else. 

The surrounding nations, in any case, have taken in millions of Palestinians-Palestinians who don't want to be there anymore than the host nations want them.  And there's no real prospect of them ever going to their homes again.

But that's all irrelevant to the point, which is that 50 percent of the population that is currently under the control of Israel is not Israeli.  How do you propose dealing with that? 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2008, 06:14:15 AM »
If the Palestinians keep making war against Israel, I fully support Israel making war back.  And I'm rooting for Israel.  The Jews have taken enough crap from the rest of the world.  It's time they start dishing it out one round at a time.

In other words, this is about your preference for one race of people over another, not some abstract principle that might makes right.

In my case, my preference has nothing to do with race.  It is about civilization versus Dark Age savagery. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2008, 07:22:09 AM »
This isn't a world where fighting solves nothing-but there are situations where fighting makes things worse, and this is one of them, because both peoples live in the same place.
Tell that to the Palestinians.  To insist that one side do that yet not insist the other side do it also is foolishness.  Also, each side should enforce it with their own.  The Palestinians have shown an unwillingness to do this. 
I think the Palestinians are going to have to give up their hatred of Jews if there is ever going to be peace over there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge