Author Topic: O'Keefe Out at Project Veritas  (Read 2470 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
O'Keefe Out at Project Veritas
« on: February 21, 2023, 11:09:19 AM »
I guess we'll see if it's false or not, but it appears O'Keefe has pulled a LaPierre and is out at Project Veritas. Hopefully it doesn' affect the good work that PV has been doing.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/project-veritas-board-of-directors-says-james-okeefe-suspended-indefinitely-amid-probe-into-excessive-spending_5072045.html

The Project Veritas’ board of directors has said that founder James O’Keefe was “suspended indefinitely” amid a probe by a third-party auditor into his alleged “excessive” spending of donor funds for “personal luxuries.”

It then pointed to some examples of O’Keefe’s alleged actions that were uncovered by Project Veritas leadership, including him supposedly “spending $14,000 on a charter flight to meet someone to fix his boat under the guise of meeting with a donor.”

Other actions allegedly include accumulating $60,000 in losses from holding dance events; more than $150,000 “in Black Cars in the last 18 months,” “thousands of dollars spent on DJ and other equipment for personal use” and more.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: O'Keefe Out at Project Veritas
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »
The podcasts I listen to are on O'Keefe's side on this, calling this a coup, and basically saying the board's claims are lies.  FWIW.

I guess we'll see. PV is hemorrhaging followers on social media and a bunch of donors sent a cease and desist letter to the board demanding O'Keefe be left alone, or their money returned.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 05:29:13 PM »
That has been what I have seen as well.  O'Keefe has been the face of the group from the beginning. 

I am a bit curious if this is just internal power games or if O'Keefe will set up a new group.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 05:46:12 PM »
There very well could be much more to the story. In the ET article, O'Keefe didn't sound like he was putting up much of a fight, which is why I was thinking maybe he was loose with the dough.

Earlier on Monday, O’Keefe had announced his resignation in front of staff members in New York, where the organization is headquartered.

In his announcement, which was posted on the Vimeo platform, the founder said he had been removed from the Project Veritas board of directors and stripped of his authority as CEO.

“I don’t know why this has happened now or why this is happening suddenly right now,” O’Keefe told staff.  “So currently, I have no job at Project Veritas. I have no position here based upon what the board has done. So I’m announcing to you all that today on President’s Day, I’m packing up my personal belongings.”

O’Keefe also defended his management style while noting that he had not “always been a compassionate leader,” which he acknowledged was a “fault” of his, but added that “leadership has a price, and results often come at a human cost.”

On the other hand, the board didn't sound definitive that he was out, and stated they were waiting for third party audit results.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 05:57:23 PM »
https://timcast.com/news/exclusive-video-james-okeefe-tells-project-veritas-staff-ive-been-removed-from-ceo-and-board/

45 min video with Mr. O'Keefe, as well as screenshots of board meeting minutes and text messages.  At a glance it seems like the board got greedy and O'Keefe didn't want to let them keep the new money coming in after Pfizer, and he seems to have some receipts, but I have to be careful of confirmation bias, because I like the work O'Keefe has done.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 06:26:05 PM »
That was the other part I hear people saying.  Coincidentally this is after one of the biggest videos they ever had (about Pfizer).  What I have heard is people are thinking Pfizer bought off board members to get rid of him. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 06:30:56 PM »
That was the other part I hear people saying.  Coincidentally this is after one of the biggest videos they ever had (about Pfizer).  What I have heard is people are thinking Pfizer bought off board members to get rid of him.

Newsweek, of all places, has some less than nice things to say about the main board member attacking O'Keefe. I can easily see some NYC money guy taking a bribe from Pfizer. I was shocked to read a guy like him is on the board to begin with. The Newsweek article lists a few more board members without going into any detail about them.

So yeah, I'm adjusting my view a bit. Something might be fishy here.

https://www.newsweek.com/matthew-tyrmand-project-veritas-james-okeefe-1782681

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 09:10:18 AM »
Project Veritas FIRES ALL EMPLOYEES, Company COLLAPSES Without James O'Keefe
Timcast IRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Khk2ytEeOY

I guess this was expected.