Author Topic: Does anyone know Trump's position on Russia vs. Ukraine?  (Read 194 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Does anyone know Trump's position on Russia vs. Ukraine?
« on: March 30, 2024, 08:14:07 PM »
Seeing stories about Vlad the Impaler threatening nuclear war against the west if we don't leave him alone to annex Ukraine leaves me wondering what Trump might do if he gets reelected. Has he made any definitive statements on Russia vs. Ukraine?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Does anyone know Trump's position on Russia vs. Ukraine?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 08:56:58 PM »
The last definitive statement I saw from him was he wanted the fighting to stop, and he would negotiate a deal between Ukraine and Russia to make it stop.  Because it's Trump he set some ridiculous time frame he could end it in.

ETA: https://youtu.be/L07fMoafVh4?si=yJn-Wg7QEl0Exd0i

"I want everyone to stop dying. "

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 10:37:53 PM »
Typical Trump non-answer. Thanks.

G-d, how I wish there could be a genuinely viable third-party candidate.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 02:00:00 AM »
I figure he'd have a chance...

Companies hire management consultants to tell them what they don't want to hear.

Vlad has destroyed a lot of Russia's military might. And they're in quagmire status in Ukraine. It would be to everyone's best interest to cut losses on both sides.

But then again, there's the crazy... Vlad wants the USSR's "Florida" back.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 02:05:09 AM »
I figure he'd have a chance...

Who would have a chance ... to do what?

Explica me, por favor.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 12:19:59 PM »
Well, Russia didn't attack Ukraine until after Trump left office . . .

Come to think of it, Hamas didn't attack Israel until after Trump left office and Biden restored the US $$$ flowing to Gaza Hamas either.

Speculation? Trump might supply longer ranged missiles to Ukraine - long enough to hit Russian infrastructure (e.g., non-nuclear power plants) inside Russia proper, the way the Russkies are hitting Ukraine now. Even Vlad - and whoever else has some authority in Mother Russia - might see that being subjected to that kind of "tit for tat" response is more of a downside than continuing the invasion is worth.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 12:38:33 PM »
My absolutely amateur and lacking in knowledge opinion is that Trump really doesn't give much of a crap about either Russia or Ukraine, and will attempt a solution that helps, or at least doesn't hurt, the US, and that both Russia and Ukraine will be displeased with. Possibly getting Ukraine to concede some Russian held Eastern territory where the Ukrainian population has historically been pro-Russian, and to get Russia to pull out and give up on the rest.

Who benefits from the natural gas and other energy products from whom after that will be anybody's guess.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."