Author Topic: What's coming on Friday?  (Read 2950 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What's coming on Friday?
« on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
In the past, when some candidates have been worried about their chances, they've waited until the Friday evening before the election to launch a really vicious attack ad against the opponent. It makes the rounds over the weekend, and there's almost no way for the opponent to counter the ad, given that it's a weekend.

I'm curious as to what Obama might try on Friday. It's been said that Romney doesn't just have no skeletons in his closet, but that he has no closet.

Any guesses as to what Obama might try to use?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: What's coming on Friday?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
Lies, half truths, misdirection, innuendo... Might even accuse him of masticating in front of his children.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
They may question his opposition to gay marriage even though at least one of his sons is a homo sapiens, and Romney himself not only practiced osculation with a married woman, he introduced his own sons to piscatorial activities when they were minor children!    :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
While I think that the media is severly biased, I don't know that if anyone actually said this^^^, the major news networks would fall into step and repeat the lines as if those words actually meant something bad or dirty.

I saw a new ad this morning on the 47% issue...basically said the true test of character is what someone does and says n private, and this is what Romney said, so his character is flawed.  Typical political crap.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
While I think that the media is severly biased, I don't know that if anyone actually said this^^^, the major news networks would fall into step and repeat the lines as if those words actually meant something bad or dirty.

I saw a new ad this morning on the 47% issue...basically said the true test of character is what someone does and says n private, and this is what Romney said, so his character is flawed.  Typical political crap.

So Romney's private divisiveness is worse than Obama's public divisiveness?  =| Nice try, MSM.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »
I've said in other forums that I am convinced the Administration will launch an attack on those "responsible" for the Benghazi slayings on Friday.

Dominates the news coverage, doesn't pre-empt football and makes the President appear strong.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »
I've said in other forums that I am convinced the Administration will launch an attack on those "responsible" for the Benghazi slayings on Friday.

Dominates the news coverage, doesn't pre-empt football and makes the President appear strong.
i don't think he and his people are capable of doing that and looking good.  They will just find more charges for the guy who made the video. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:08:45 AM »
i don't think he and his people are capable of doing that and looking good.  They will just find more charges for the guy who made the video. 

Drone strike.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:58 AM »
Drone strike.

...would have been an awesome idea if executed in North Africa on 9/11/12....
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
...would have been an awesome idea if executed in North Africa on 9/11/12....
Exactly, too little, too late.  They already screwed the pooch on this one.

Who will the drone strike be aimed at?  Are they going to blow up the prison where they threw the guy who made the video?  Blowing up someone else would require he admit it was terrorists and not the video that caused all this in the first place.  A drone strike alone would create more questions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
Anything they do vis a vis Benghazi is going to resurrect a story they want buried.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
Catching a few minutes of Rush.  His opinion is that he is strategizing with his lawyers for post-election activities.  It can't hurt I guess.  None of his campaigning over the last few weeks is moving the polls. 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »
The aftermath of this Election will be bitter.  All the good faith has been drained out.  We will have ample proof that we are far, far from being one nation after next week.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
Catching a few minutes of Rush.  His opinion is that he is strategizing with his lawyers for post-election activities.  It can't hurt I guess.  None of his campaigning over the last few weeks is moving the polls. 

There's a vid floating around youtube of old people from "the greatest generation" saying things like "If the republicans steal this election, I'm gonna burn this mothafucker down"

Classy stuff, eh?

That's what will happen. If Romney wins, the immediate screaming about a "stolen election" will start.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

ronnyreagan

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
If Romney wins, the immediate screaming about a "stolen election" will start.

I'm going to bet that will be happening no matter who wins.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
I'm going to bet that will be happening no matter who wins.

Just like it happened after the last election....

Oh, wait.  It didn't.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
Drudge is teasing "a breaking sex scandal to hit campaign".

No details or which side will be on the defense.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »

Maybe it is them together.  >:D [popcorn]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 09:50:19 PM »
STORY SAID TO INVOLVE POWERFUL SENATOR, SOURCES TELL DRUDGE. DAILY CALLER PLANS LATE NIGHT RELEASE...

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

ronnyreagan

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
Just like it happened after the last election....
Oh, wait.  It didn't.
You're kidding right? Remember ACORN?
I don't even need to leave this site to find examples.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:16:05 AM by ronnyreagan »
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/01/women-sen-bob-menendez-paid-us-for-sex-in-the-dominican-republic/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
Bah. Merely proves Menendez secretly endorses conservative principles: international trade, market-driven prices for goods, minimal government intrusion on commerce, and fair value in exchange for getting voluntarily screwed...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
So did we get anything on Friday?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife