Author Topic: What will cause WWIII?  (Read 3968 times)

MechAg94

• friend
What will cause WWIII?
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607
All it takes apparently is for Britain to leave the EU according to David Cameron.  I didn't realize Europe was such a powder keg these days. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: What will cause WWIII?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »
LOL...

The China bubble/Collapse... a matter of when, not "if" anymore is about 1000X more likely.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:43 PM »
A Bernie supporter just told me that the answer was "Donald Trump."

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 02:38:46 PM »
Will it be a world war if we aren't attacked and refuse to participate?

Theoretically our whole hemisphere could opt out. It would be a half a world war.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
Competition for resources is usually at the root of most major conflicts.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
A Bernie supporter just told me that the answer was "Donald Trump."

Here's a vote for "Bad Mexican Food"
7-11 was a part time job.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 04:18:57 PM »
Will it be a world war if we aren't attacked and refuse to participate?

Theoretically our whole hemisphere could opt out. It would be a half a world war.

IMO, we should refuse to call anything a world war unless Antarctica participates.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
Competition for resources is usually at the root of most major conflicts.

So China v. Russia like a Tom Clancy book, or China v. everyone with the setting being Africa. China will want to tidy up owning Africa if they ever get going economically again. We should let them have it.  >:D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
War on Terrorism basically is WWIII.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 06:32:51 PM »
Maybe Russia would invade the Middle East to control resources, then a bunch of Muslim countries join in, then China and what's left of the EU join in......okay maybe not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 12:46:46 AM »
. . .China will want to tidy up owning Africa if they ever get going economically again. We should let them have it.  >:D
And if China decides to model their Africa policies on the antebellum plantation systems of Georgia . . .

You  know, I don't think I'm going to follow that line any more . . .  [tinfoil]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 09:29:10 AM »
War on Terrorism basically is WWIII.

A counterpoint to that is, Jihad is WWIII- and they are winning.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
A counterpoint to that is, Jihad is WWIII- and they are winning.

What is our national interest in the middle east? If it is oil then we need to be able to ramp up production in order to be self sufficient if needed. Team up with other non opec nations and marginalize the screaming beards.

Then pull out of the region and let it take its course.

If Russia or China want to play in that sandbox let them.

Shut down immigration from Islamic run countries unless the individuals have been seriously vetted and have a compelling reason to come here.

The only reason they are winning is because we are playing on their turf with no defined strategic goals.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

The only reason they are winning is because we are playing on their turf with no defined strategic goals.

Tell that to the europeans being overrun by rapeugees, or to the Londoners who are a few years from a permanent islamic majority.
Our meddling in the middle east has little to due with western cultural suicide.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 10:53:08 AM »
The cultural suicide of the west is running concurrently with the ascension of Islam in the west.

Without the cultural suicide the Islamists would never have gotten a foothold.

Europe is ahead of us in the process but Obama and the Republican/Democrat progressives are working double time to catch up. 

Shut down all immigration from Islamic run countries. Shut down all illegal immigration and control the flow from south of the border.

Then maybe we can take a breather and reassess whether there is anything left of American culture that can be salvaged.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
What is our national interest in the middle east? If it is oil then we need to be able to ramp up production in order to be self sufficient if needed. Team up with other non opec nations and marginalize the screaming beards.

Effectively, already done, we get relatively little oil from the ME, or even from OPEC nations.  And if you really look at it, due to our substantive refined petroleum exports...we could easily do without.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
Cornbread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »
London just elected a Muslim mayor who basically has threatened the USA.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: What will cause WWIII?
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:08:29 PM »
And called moderate Muslims "Uncle Toms."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

Huh?   I must have missed that. ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 11:21:16 PM »
Huh?   I must have missed that. ???

The newly elected Mayor of London, England, Sadiq Khan, sent a rather disturbing public message to the United States and candidate Donald Trump today.  The implied threat content is more than a little alarming:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/05/10/incredible-ideological-broadcast-from-londons-new-muslim-mayor-threatening-the-u-s-a/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 11:30:50 PM »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/05/10/incredible-ideological-broadcast-from-londons-new-muslim-mayor-threatening-the-u-s-a/

Thanks.  The idea that is a threat is a bit overblown.  He seems to be saying Trump's ignorance of Islam will be bad for both countries.
A number of good people have agreed with that.
Now I happen to agree with Trump; we ought to temporarily freeze Muslim immigration until we can truly "vet" Muslims.  I see no problem with this.  Yes it may offend some Muslims,  but really, they ought to  be mature enough to understand our Ned to defend ourselves.
I can see how people can infer a threat from that, and I stand ready to re evaluate my opinion on future info.....I just do not see it right now.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 02:23:40 PM »
Lee Rigby may prove him right...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.