Main Forums > The Roundtable

Africa is giving nothing to anyone -- apart from AIDS

<< < (15/15)

Bigjake:
AZRedhawk,

I usually agree with you man, but not here.

How well, exactly, have International Coalitions worked in the past century?  Specifically ones with "UN" somewhere in the acronym?  Hell, the current crop of UN "Peacekeepers" are getting  better at the rape and pillage game than the natives. 

I see only  2 options;

Walk, and nuke the problem areas occasionally, or seriously colonize the hell out of the place, on a larger scale than we did in the Old West, and probably much more brutal.

MicroBalrog:

--- Quote ---40B could put a lot of deserving young americans thru college.
40B could go a long ways towards solving the problem of getting cheap hydrogen for fuel.
40B could build quite a few oil refineries and pay for a lot of offshore oil rigs.

And for the bleeding hearts - 40B could feed a whole hell of a lot of hungry and homeless people in the USA.
None of these things are constitutional.

Why not, say, give the taxpayers their money back?

mtnbkr:

--- Quote from: MicroBalrog on August 18, 2008, 11:47:09 AM ---
40B could go a long ways towards solving the problem of getting cheap hydrogen for fuel.
40B could build quite a few oil refineries and pay for a lot of offshore oil rigs.

And for the bleeding hearts - 40B could feed a whole hell of a lot of hungry and homeless people in the USA.

Why not, say, give the taxpayers their money back?

Absolutely, but I think the point was if we're going to spend 40b, let's spend it on the US.

Chris

Werewolf:

--- Quote from: MicroBalrog on August 18, 2008, 11:47:09 AM ---

Say WHAT? The government paid for my college degree thru a program called JTPA. The government gives money to colleges, universities and private citizens to do research all the time. Probably haven't given money to build any refineries or offshore rigs but man do those subsidies add up. As for the homeless - I could care less if each and every one dropped dead in the next 10 seconds but I had to throw at least one bone the bleeding heart's way.

None of that is unconstitutional...

--- Quote ---Why not, say, give the taxpayers their money back?
OK... With that I can agree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version