Author Topic: Cash is more king than ever!  (Read 729 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Cash is more king than ever!
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-us-to-let-spy-agencies-scour-americans-finances-20130313,0,2719682.story

Hell, Bitcoin and PM's, too.

Even with bitcoin's recent fiasco on a branch in the blockchain.

The limit on reporting has been $10,000 and not been raised ever since the 70's or 80's and you could buy a new car for 1/2 or 1/3 of that.  Now, you can buy 1/2 or 1/3 of a new car for that same $10,000. ;/

I suspect this will be used to monitor some of those "domestic terrorists" that just want to quietly expatriate without getting financially raped when doing so.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Cash is more king than ever!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »
    bold mine   whats really changed? been able to snoop a while

Financial institutions that operate in the United States are required by law to file reports of "suspicious customer activity," such as large money transfers or unusually structured bank accounts, to Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

The Federal Bureau of Investigation already has full access to the database. However, intelligence agencies, such as the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency, currently have to make case-by-case requests for information to FinCEN.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I