Author Topic: Apparently Breitbart has bought The Onion  (Read 729 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Apparently Breitbart has bought The Onion
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Re: Apparently Breitbart has bought The Onion
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:17:19 PM »
And satire became more elusive yet... I didn't think it was possible.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 11:26:21 PM »
As much of a crapfest the PUA/MRA movement is and how much of a pile of loser pustules the adherents are, the special snowflake SJWs manage to be an order of magnitude worse.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:33:51 PM by Warren »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:00:13 AM »
Not being familiar w/ Milo Alphabetname, I perused his Wiki entry. This caught the eye:

In October 2015, Yiannopoulos and feminist Julie Bindel were scheduled to participate in the University of Manchester Free Speech and Secular Society's debate ′From liberation to censorship: does modern feminism have a problem with free speech?′, but the student union banned Bindel, then later also Yiannopoulos.[50] The union cited Bindel's comments on transgender women and Yiannopoulos' opinions on rape culture, which they stated were both in breach of the union's safe space policy.[51][52]

Now why does that sound so all-fired familiar? Almost as if I'd read similar stories from academia a hundred times...

The title of that event is awfully apropos: the left has gone from liberating [sic] women, to censoring any men or women that disagree with them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 06:44:26 AM »
Not being familiar w/ Milo Alphabetname, I perused his Wiki entry. This caught the eye:

Now why does that sound so all-fired familiar? Almost as if I'd read similar stories from academia a hundred times...

The title of that event is awfully apropos: the left has gone from liberating [sic] women, to censoring any men or women that disagree with them.

And academia as a whole has moved from being a bastion of intellectual freedom to being a prison of [leftist] political correctness and social/intellectual orthodoxy and intolerance. It used to be that we sent our young people to college to be exposed to a wide range of thoughts and ideas. Now, whatever the parents' motives, the young seem to be so feeble-minded that their brains explode at the mere suggestion that a different opinion might be within hailing distance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 12:43:20 PM »
Just wait and see what college will turn into when everyone can go to college for free.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge