Author Topic: Boris Johnson is Out  (Read 732 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Boris Johnson is Out
« on: July 07, 2022, 08:15:46 AM »
Boris Johnson just resigned.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/boris-johnsons-resignation-caps-tumultuous-tenure

I never paid much attention to what was going on there. The stuff mentioned in the story doesn't seem much worse than what any (every?) US President has done. I'm sure there is worse stuff not mentioned.

I have to give him credit for getting them out of the EU. Otherwise, by appearance alone, man, the dude continually looked like he had just gotten up after sleeping on somebody's couch in yesterday's clothes after a good drunk. Worst dressed world leader ever.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Boris Johnson is Out
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »
A lot of people I saw were happy he got them out of the EU, but not happy with his COVID rules. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 09:04:51 AM »
but not happy with his COVID rules.

Which he apparently broke right and left for his own convenience. That certainly irritated me when so many of our own "Lockdown! We're gonna die!" politicians did the same thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:07 AM »
This is a recent one that caught my attention
Felt it was a bit odd for someone to say unless they're trying to earn Brownie Points

Boris Johnson: "If Putin was a woman, he would not have invaded Ukraine"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcKPSbrX3k
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:45:03 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 08:02:32 AM »
Liz Truss is in

Liz Truss to be next UK prime minister
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-62760180
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 02:17:28 PM »
Boris Johnson is a loathsome "conservative."  He denounced the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, and he apparently has been screwing over Brits to be "green."  I think he was involved in banning gas cars in britian.