Author Topic: Wow...NBC's David Gregory  (Read 5894 times)

Lee

• friend
Re: Wow...NBC's David Gregory
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
Maybe we could all be secret Santa's and donate a 30 rounder to every newz station that is in a "restricted zone".

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 09:27:30 AM »
That... ups the ante a bit.  :angel:

The silver lining is various forms of Leftism eating their own here. Big city government and authoritarian police dept. vs. some MSM do-gooders.  =)

And if any of us were the chief of that department......bad gun laws aside.....would you accept being poked in the eye like that by the nooz? 

Sweet baby xenu on a flaming pogo stick I hope they no-knock his house.  The irony would be delicious.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
the chief is a she.  a very pc she. affirmative action chief
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
What is the penalty if convicted? I suppose a felony rap is too much to hope for.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
You know he won't be convicted.

The excuse will be provided by DC police, something like "well, we couldn't tell from the video if it is a 30rd mag or a 10rd mag.  He may have just put a 10rd mag on screen and said it was a 30rd one.  So we won't prosecute it."

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 11:59:11 AM »
If the cops can't tell the difference between a 10 and 30 round magazine by looking at it, they shouldn't be enforcing any laws that require vision to determine infractions.

G_P

Re: Re: Wow...NBC's David Gregory
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
They will most likely sweep it under the rug by claiming it was a prop and not real.

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
I hope they prosecute him so that just maybe he might make a comment about the absurdity of this law in DC as well as many other laws.  If the DC police informed him it was illegal to poessess the magazine, then his choice was a blantant infraction of the law.  He was warned and he had motive.  I have heard that people are prosecuted for just a cop finding a loaded round lying inside there car.  Stupid stuff.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 01:37:56 PM »
You know he won't be convicted.

The excuse will be provided by DC police, something like "well, we couldn't tell from the video if it is a 30rd mag or a 10rd mag.  He may have just put a 10rd mag on screen and said it was a 30rd one.  So we won't prosecute it."

I bet this is the answer, after some phone calls  we'll never know about.  Remember that DC prosecutors are all feds, so the final decision falls to AG Holder...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
My vote is we go Alinsky on his ass.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »
What is the penalty if convicted? I suppose a felony rap is too much to hope for.

Up to one year and up to $1000.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Does anyone have the actual code and/or law in question and how it is exactly worded?

The articles I have read state the rule is high capacity is forbidden, define high capacity.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
http://weblinks.westlaw.com/result/default.aspx?cite=UUID%28N57E577C030-1B11DEA7CD8-1F2617D4421%29&db=1000869&findtype=VQ&fn=_top&pbc=DA010192&rlt=CLID_FQRLT524872534152612&rp=%2FSearch%2Fdefault.wl&rs=WEBL12.10&service=Find&spa=DCC-1000&sr=TC&vr=2.0

DC Code 7-2506.01(b).

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 08:50:35 PM »
Up to one year and up to $1000.

He should be okay with doing a year...

...after all, it'll be in a gun-free zone.   :lol:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »
He should be okay with doing a year...

...after all, it'll be in a gun-free zone.   :lol:

Not necessarily.

http://www.correctionsone.com/contraband/articles/1961780-15-deadly-improvised-prison-weapons-and-tools/

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
he wouldn't last the weekend in northwest 1
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 10:53:11 PM »
Here is a revised article.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/david-gregory-police-investigation_n_2364637.html

It appears to me that the responsibilty weaseling is already at work.  Claims they had permission from the ATF (Federal), but not District of Columbia/DC.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
ATF permission trumps state or district law? So, if a state bans possession of full-auto's, but the ATF says it's okay, then ATF overrides the state? C',mon, chief. Arrest the guy.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253571/President-Obama-reveals-keeps-going-First-Lady--20-years-marriage.html

President Barack Obama revealed the 'real reason' he wanted a second term as president is because his daughter Malia, age 14, is about to start dating boys.

'One of the main incentives of running was continued Secret Service protection so we can have men with guns around at all times,' the father of two joked.

While we may joke about cleaning shotguns when a daughter's boyfriend comes to pick her up, we do it from an understanding that we aren't actually going to shoot the guy (unless he crosses a particular line). 

I'm touchier about this with this POTUS because he's a gun-grabber.  I don't like him borrowing any element of "gun culture," even this one.  He's a jerk and I don't like him, and he can't have our jokes.
--Lysander Spooner

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253571/President-Obama-reveals-keeps-going-First-Lady--20-years-marriage.html

While we may joke about cleaning shotguns when a daughter's boyfriend comes to pick her up, we do it from an understanding that we aren't actually going to shoot the guy (unless he crosses a particular line). 

I'm touchier about this with this POTUS because he's a gun-grabber.  I don't like him borrowing any element of "gun culture," even this one.  He's a jerk and I don't like him, and he can't have our jokes.

Oh yeah, that's FB'ed.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »
I'm wondering if he's actually joking.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
I'm wondering if he's actually joking.

Don't care one way or the other.  If he's joking, it's about a factual situation.  A situation that is NOT a joke to many, many others.

It helps shine the light on his callous nature.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.