Author Topic: Anti-Mormon Bigotry and Sliming Is A-OK in CA  (Read 2986 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Anti-Mormon Bigotry and Sliming Is A-OK in CA
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:12:01 PM »
Not a Mormon here.  Theologically, I have lots of problems with it.

But, I am not cool with sliming an entire sect as fascist "white shirts" the way these folks do in the following video:
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MGYxYTEyOGI0ZTQ1OGE4MWM4MTEwMmYzM2U2NTVlMDE=
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Re: Anti-Mormon Bigotry and Sliming Is A-OK in CA
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
That's pretty messed up.  What those two lovely ladies need is a nice home defense handgun.  Pop pop, home intruders dealt with.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
I was going to get all argumentative about homo marriage, but never mind.

The point is, this commercial alleges that a religious group is doing some illegal crap that they simply aren't doing, and that no one can show they actually want to do.  If they put Muslims, Jews, or others in a commercial like that, the charges of bigotry and "hate" would come fast and furious from our friends on the left.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »
whats funny is that ad made me even less likely to support gay marriage
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
Everyone knows the Funny Underwear Crew would go for the beer and the coffee first! =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MikePGS

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
Wow, would it be alright to make a commercial showing people from the democratic party disarming people right before they got carjacked?

...actually, thats not a half bad idea.
"The people in the gun culture have a better safety record than any police department in the nation, but in
several states actually prohibit us from using guns for self-protection, and in all the other states except one
they make us buy a license. They tax us so we can have more cops, and when crime still goes up, they tax
us more and ban more of our guns."
John Ross, Unintended Consequences

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »
Anti-Mormon bigotry has been socially acceptable since... well since there were Mormons to be bigoted against. It's no different really for any socially-conservative Christian group either as far as the Lefties are concerned. Fistful's analysis is spot on.

Some code from the Leftists programming:

If (Religion.Major != "Islam" && Religion.Major != "Judaism") && (MoralOutlook == "Conservative")
{
     Bigotry.Activate();
}

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
It would be hysterical if the Lefties made this same commerical featuring Muslims.

I'd make popcorn.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »
You guys need to stop writing in code and math terminology. Anything more than the simplest algebra and ignorant proles like me and most of the lurkers have a hard time understanding what you mean.

[angry rant]Write in regular college English, dammit! Not everyone here is a geek. [/angry rant]

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
Bah. I've been writing code all day and that's the mode my brain was in, dernit! =) It just restated what everyone has already said.

crawdaddyjim

• Alien
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
I actually thought the code was a pretty good joke. As we all know Lefty/Moonbats are not logical in the extreme. :D

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 09:59:41 PM »
I actually thought the code was a pretty good joke. As we all know Lefty/Moonbats are not logical in the extreme. :D

I liked it.  =D
Andy

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:35 AM »
bigotry is fine, as long as you're a liberal.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."