Author Topic: I-594 Enforcement Policy  (Read 2338 times)

Unisaw

• friend
I-594 Enforcement Policy
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
For those of you with a law enforcement background, I'm wondering how police departments are going to handle potential violations of I-594, especially relating to innocent, temporary transfers.  Would a police department typically write a policy about a new law and then train all officers about how to enforce that policy?  Is it possible to obtain copies of those policies via a FOIA request?  If so, any guesses re: how long it will take departments to write and adopt such policies?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: I-594 Enforcement Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
Curious as to how they will enforce it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:12:30 AM »
Usually, the state Attorney General publishes guidance to the the law enforcement community of the state, and the individual departments then write their own policy and procedures, if any.  These policies and procedures are public records.  I have no idea as to how long this process will take.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »
There's set to be a rally in Olympia on... Dec13 I believe, to stage mass civil disobedience to this farce. A few thousand people passing an unloaded Hi Point or something around in a circle similar to what the folks in CO did with magazines after their moronic ban went into effect.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
I'd like to see some grandstanding anti-gun politician hold up a gun (probably an EBR) during a news conference and then hand it off to his assistant . . . and get arrested and cuffed on camera for making an illegal private transfer.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
I'd like to see some grandstanding anti-gun politician hold up a gun (probably an EBR) during a news conference and then hand it off to his assistant . . . and get arrested and cuffed on camera for making an illegal private transfer.  >:D

David Gregory. Laws are for the little people.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »

This is exactly what I want to see happen- "Alinsky" the crap out of them -make them live up to every word of the law. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 05:08:09 PM »
Gun owners in WA should research the state's laws on citizen arrest.    >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 06:05:26 AM »
Is there a law enforcement exception on the transfer law?

Or are picking up a gun at a crime scene and disarming a ccw'r at a traffic stop crimes  now?

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
official  duty is ok, trading a gun with your fellow cop outside the line of duty not ok-  IIRC

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
"I'd like to see some grandstanding anti-gun politician hold up a gun (probably an EBR) during a news conference and then hand it off to his assistant . . . and get arrested and cuffed on camera for making an illegal private transfer."
Ohhhhh, that would be juicy ! [popcorn]

From your keyboard to G-d's ears.  

Terry

(Pic credit in Properties)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:28:00 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »
So what of the mass civil disobedience scheduled? 5000+ gun owners armed and violating the law? Sounds like it should be interesting.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 03:34:56 PM »
Which is vexing, as they're essentially just stating that they won't enforce the law as written. But the media will trumpet it to the skies like it means something.

What is also unfortunate is that the guy hosting the proposed rally appears to be a slimy wannabe politician who is exploiting this for press coverage while actively harming the cause. I won't repeat his name lest google alerts summons him here, he strikes me as the kind of guy who has one on his name.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
Like a host of other laws, this will be applied full force to those who are targets, while the connected will never be charged.

There is no rule of law anymore- the law is a tool to bludgeon political enemies.
 The more ambiguous, the better, from the standpoint of the authors.

Any of you lend a gun to a friend to target shoot or hunt? Any one have a gun in the safe stored for a traveling friend, or one on deployment?
 Don't worry, nobody is going to prosecute you- unless they are looking for a reason.
 Maybe the NSA cross-references your political beliefs with your gun hobby. Can't happen? It seems to happen just fine with drug info and covert information relays to local police.

There have been reams written about this- from authors modern and ancient- the way to control the law abiding is to make as much as possible illegal so as to create a net that anyone can be snared in, at the authorities discretion. The problem with trying to explain this, like trying to explain damn near anything these days, is that in order to get the poorly educated and emotional products of our public education system to understand, it is necessary to go back to first grade and start from scratch, as they have NO background in history at all. All the underpinnings of Western Cultural Heritage have been eroded away.

This is the essential purpose of the mass data storage- they are not looking for "bad guys".  They are looking for everything, so when they decide someone is a "bad guy", they can drill through the data to build a case. Store enough info on someone and you can build a case to convict anyone.