Author Topic: Sex day in Russia!  (Read 1326 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Sex day in Russia!
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:49 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_russia_sex_2

ULYANOVSK, Russia (Reuters) - The governor of a central Russian province urged couples to skip work on Wednesday and make love instead to help boost Russia's low birth-rate.

And if a woman gives birth in exactly nine months time -- on Russia's national day on June 12 -- she will qualify for a prize, perhaps even winning a new home.

"It's normally something for the home -- a fridge or a television set," Yelena Yakovleva at the Ulyanovsk regional administration press office, said.

"It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy."

Newly-weds Karina and Anton Bukhanovsky walked hand in hand down the main street of the regional capital of Ulyanovsk. They live in St Petersburg but travelled to Ulyanovsk to soak up the atmosphere on Wednesday.

"I used to live here," said Karina, aged 19.

"We plan to come back on the same day next year and try for a baby and the prize nine months later," she said.

Anton, aged 21, kissed her gently on the cheek and they strolled off arm in arm.

Regional governor Sergei Morozov told employers to contribute to a Kremlin campaign to boost the birth rate by giving couples Wednesday off to have sex.

Russia wants to reverse a trend in which the population is shrinking by about 700,000 people a year as births fail to outpace a high death rate boosted by AIDS, alcoholism and suicide.

This is the third year Ulyanovsk region, famous as the birthplace of Soviet state founder Vladimir Lenin, has dedicated a day to encouraging couples to produce more babies.

Prizes will extend equally to unwed women who produce children on the right day, though the biggest prizes will go to married couples.

On Russia Day this year, a family won a jeep after their fourth baby was born on the holiday.

Next year, the top prizes will include an apartment, Morozov told Reuters. "We need more people," he said.

This year a record 78 babies were born on June 12 at the main hospital in the regional capital of Ulyanovsk, beating the 2006 total of 26, said chief doctor Andrei Malykh.

"The scheme is working. People want the prizes," he said.

A mass wedding and special lessons for children at school on how to deal with having a brother or sister are also planned in Ulyanovsk city, which is about 900 km (560 miles) from Moscow.

At the town's central post office, a sign urges locals to write love letters for free to anywhere in Russia, with postage pre-paid.

This week First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, a possible successor to President Vladimir Putin, said he wanted to stabilise the population at about 142 million by 2015 and boost it back to 145 million by 2025.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Sex day in Russia!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:45:39 AM »
I don't like it one bit. A resurgent and repopulated Russia could really screw up our plans to find a new home for Capitalist Representational Democratic Western Civilization, if only temporarily, as we bided our time to flee what seems to be the inevitable "Zimbabwefication" of mother Earth.

An empty Russia in two or three generations would be an ideal place for us all to move once the transition to "Estados Unados" nears completion, and the final bricks to cement the European Caliphate are laid. And with such a broad swath of land as Russia possesses, we could probably replicate almost all the climates and landforms we were used to in our former homes. The only thing she lacks is a surplus of temperate seacoast. (Sorry gulf states&)

Furthermore, with the increased land space, our remaining friends amongst the productive classes of the UK, Europe, Australia, and Canada would have somewhere to go. Israel and Switzerland may need somewhere to run someday as well& And given the resources, (Assuming the American Left, and their counterparts across the world stay behind to "celebrate the mosaic", before they are consumed.) I'm sure we'd make much better use of the place than the Russians ever managed to.

And perhaps we could intentionally spread the Chernobyl remains along the borders southwestern frontier to keep the ME, the EC, and China at bay&
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:02 PM »
AJ, you've got it backwards. We should take advantage of an empty Russia by moving all of the liberals there. For many of them it would be a dream come true. They would be "coming home."

matis

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
They need more than a 700,000 increase in the birthrate?  And the town had only 78 couples who qualified for a prize? 

I don't think we need worry.  They'll never make it.

Besides we  have a better system in place.

Wednesdays off?  In our system you get Wednesday off, also Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and even Saturday and Sunday.  And you go around knockin..., eh, impregnating females wherever you find them (everywhere).  And the offspring also benefit from the system.  Who needs a free Jeep when you can get free food, rent, medical care, spending money to buy Jeeps, even free incarceration -- for life.

Here we call our system welfare.

The Russians are pikers.

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »
For all its anecdotal value, this repopulation scheme is a sign of a nation caring about its future. Sadly, ours seems oblivious of such concerns.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »
Do not underestimate the symbolic importance of this politcal gesture.  What it's really about is Putin's visceral realization that the world of the future is going to be about cultures and races fighting for resources and political hegemony--in other words, the world of the past.  Dare I say that this is about "white power?"  About resisting "The East?"  Well, yeah, I dare to say it.  Lurking beneath all of this is the idea of balance, and if that can't be achieved by more Caucasians then some might reason that it can be achieved by fewer non-Caucasians.  The story never changes.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.