Author Topic: What the hell? Man makes AK47 out of paper?  (Read 3338 times)

Phyphor

• friend
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cordex

• Administrator
Re: What the hell? Man makes AK47 out of paper?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
I've often heard the argument that banning guns is silly because a small machine shop can turn out submachine guns. With people like this guy in the world, the same could be said about your local Hobby Lobby or elementary school classroom.
Watch out, I hear that the BATFEIEIO is going to start considering possession of construction paper to be constructive possession.
If he did it with newspapers, he could build a case for First, Second and Fourth amendment protection. Talk about being secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »
I've seen that kid come up before on various gunboards.

"Papercraft" is indeed a "thing"/hobby... whatever. If you Google imgage search it, you'll see people making complete scale replicas of Star Wars vehicles, mecha, robots from various movies etc. Complete sculptures, dollhouses... anything.
I promise not to duck.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »
I have seen model cars made from toilet paper in prison.

Some people just have talent.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
"Papercraft" is indeed a "thing"/hobby... whatever. If you Google imgage search it, you'll see people making complete scale replicas of Star Wars vehicles, mecha, robots from various movies etc. Complete sculptures, dollhouses... anything.
Yeah, but (minimally) functional firearms?  That's new to me.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
I humbly bow to the absolute genious of his abilities.

However...

I can also see the headlines now... "Man arrested for making high powered assault rifle with silencer that's invisible to x-ray!!  We're all going to DIE!!"

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
He's a pretty cool guy to boot.

I started watching him because of his metal detecting videos, but stayed for the savant like genius.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
Yeah, but (minimally) functional firearms?  That's new to me.

Help me here - that abomination shoots? How?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
Help me here - that abomination shoots? How?

Looks to me as though he's using a real cartridge, but pulls the bullet and dumps the powder, and then re-seats the bullet as a primer only round. I don't believe he intends to try to shoot it for real, and presumably the paper/glue barrel would erode quickly. The point was to show his gas port, and the piston would unlock and actuate the bolt a little bit.

I've seen the kids videos over the years, he's even made a mechanically functional MG42 with little rolled paper rolling lockers and everything.

For all the effort he puts into rolling and gluing paper, he could have learned enough machining to become a full-time gunsmith/SOT. Although it's not clear to me that he's in the U.S.
I promise not to duck.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:17 PM »
Looks to me as though he's using a real cartridge, but pulls the bullet and dumps the powder, and then re-seats the bullet as a primer only round. I don't believe he intends to try to shoot it for real, and presumably the paper/glue barrel would erode quickly. The point was to show his gas port, and the piston would unlock and actuate the bolt a little bit.
I think he actually used a downloaded cartridge - not primer-only - for this gun.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 02:02:36 PM »
I've seen that kid come up before on various gunboards.

Google pepakura Halo Mjolnir ("Master Chief") and various makes of Iron Man armor, if you're into costuming at all.

The latter is my big costuming project for this year, actually - my step-daughter wanted a Mark 6 Iron Man suit, and we decided to make a family group costume out of it.  Mk 6 for her, a modified Mk 3 for my wife (a movie-style version of Pepper Potts' Rescue armor from the comics), and Iron Monger for me, although the latter won't be pepakura since there are no patterns for it (all custom-built, that one will be...).  I got a little machine for Christmas that hooks up to the computer and will cut out and score the pepakura patterns for me, which trims the time to make a piece by quite a bit, and once it's warm enough outside to do the resin and fiberglassing, I'll be getting into full-scale production of Alison's suit.  Got her faceplate 'glassed a couple of weeks ago, but it was a royal pain since it was freezing outside.

Reading the rest of this thread, I can't wait to check out this paper-AK video at home!  Sounds VERY cool.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »
I have seen model cars made from toilet paper in prison.

Some people just have talent.
How do they stick it together.   ???  [barf]
"It's good, though..."

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »
The cartridges are paper as well.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
The cartridges are paper as well.

I've seen him rolling mock paper cartridges, but that one seemed to be real. Unless it was that smooth, and the paint that good.
I promise not to duck.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »
Well, I'm not really sure.

I'll ask him.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
You were right, he is using real brass now

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
You were right, he is using real brass now

Now he just needs real barrel blanks and a chamber reamer.  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
For all the effort he puts into rolling and gluing paper, he could have learned enough machining to become a full-time gunsmith/SOT. Although it's not clear to me that he's in the U.S.

IIRC, he is/was somewhere in the Orient.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
Somewhere around San Antonio, currently, I think.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »
paper firing pin?  Or is that metal?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 10:47:10 AM »
don't show this to the TSA
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"