Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom meets real life  (Read 6052 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom meets real life
« on: May 30, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »
Um...  drugs are bad m'kay?  I'm guessing this gentleman was none too stable before the drugs though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1282647/American-cage-fighter-rips-beating-heart-training-partner-fearing-possessed-devil.html

American cage fighter 'rips out still-beating heart of training partner after fearing he was possessed by the devil'

By Paul Thompson
Last updated at 4:21 PM on 30th May 2010

* Add to My Stories

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Jarrod Wyatt

Arrested: Jarrod Wyatt was allegedly found standing naked over his dead friend's body in a room bathed in blood

A U.S. cage fighter ripped out the heart of his training partner while he was still alive after becoming convinced he was possessed by the devil, it was alleged today.

Jarrod Wyatt also cut out Taylor Powell's tongue and ripped off most of his face in a brutal assault that police said looked like a scene from a horror film, officers said.

They claim they found the 26-year-old standing naked over his friend's body with parts, including an eyeball, strewn around the blood splattered room in Klamath, California.

Wyatt allegedly told police he had drunk a cup of tea spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms and became convinced Powell was possessed.

According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.

The coroner said Powell had been alive when the organ was ripped out after his chest had been sliced open with a knife.

Wyatt told the police he thrown the heart into a fire along with other organs that he had removed from the body, it was claimed.

He allegedly told investigators he cooked the body parts because he was fearful Powell was still alive and he ‘needed to stop the Devil’.

Police had been called to the grisly scene after a third friend had witnessed a sudden mood change in Wyatt after they had all ingested wild mushroom tea.

Justin Davis told police he returned to the flat to find Wyatt naked and covered from head to toe in blood.

He noticed an eyeball lying in the middle of the floor and saw Powell's mutilated body.

A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions.

‘My client was trying to silence the devil,’ said James Fallman.

‘I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.’  

Wyatt has been charged with first degree murder and torture.

Prosecutors added the torture charge as Powell was still alive when his heart was removed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1282647/American-cage-fighter-rips-beating-heart-training-partner-fearing-possessed-devil.html#ixzz0pT3UPrTP
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:08:37 PM by 41magsnub »

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom meets real life
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:55:13 PM »
Sure, it sounds like a madman murdering his friend.
But what if...maybe he was really possessed?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »
If you believe in the Biblical concept of literal demons and literal demon possession, you probably also believe in the Biblical way of dealing with it. Which does not involve murder and mutilating a corpse. Those sort of rituals are not a part of any Judeo-Christian doctrine.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
its just a substance the statists have banned   all part of victimless crime
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 10:33:05 PM »
If you believe in the Biblical concept of literal demons and literal demon possession, you probably also believe in the Biblical way of dealing with it. Which does not involve murder and mutilating a corpse. Those sort of rituals are not a part of any Judeo-Christian doctrine.

You're right.  I in fact do believe in both such things, and Jesus Himself nor any of His disciples ever cast out demons in such a manner.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »
And murder became a victimless crime when?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 11:24:49 PM »

Would the guy be any less dead if he had been beaten to death in a drunken rage instead?

Look, tiny text!

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
Sigworthy content.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »
You're right.  I in fact do believe in both such things, and Jesus Himself nor any of His disciples ever cast out demons in such a manner.

The problem is that you can so rarely find a herd of swine when you need to. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39:03 AM »
Police had been called to the grisly scene after a third friend had witnessed a sudden mood change in Wyatt after they had all ingested wild mushroom tea.

:facepalm: Ya think?   :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 08:02:09 AM »
According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.
Does anyone else find the autopsy results to be a bit, uh, off the mark? I'd say if your heart has been ripped out bleeding to death is the least of your worries.  =|
Avoid cliches like the plague!

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 08:07:44 AM »
it means he was still alive when the heart was removed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 08:19:34 AM »
Ok but which might you die from first, bleeding out or the sudden loss of blood flow because the pump is gone? Might be a tie.  ???

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 08:23:14 AM »
[quoteIf you believe in the Biblical concept of literal demons and literal demon possession, you probably also believe in the Biblical way of dealing with it. Which does not involve murder and mutilating a corpse. Those sort of rituals are not a part of any Judeo-Christian doctrine.[/quote]

Uh. There's myriads of  sects/cults/whatever vaguely inspired by the Bible that have all sort of outlandish beliefs.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »
I'm not exactly an anatomist, but I have some questions.

Aren't there some pretty important organs between your heart and, you know, the outside world?

I assume this guy didn't break through the sternum with his bare hands. He probably somehow ripped through the softer stuff to get at the heart. Wouldn't the destruction of those organs (and the relevant pain, blood loss, etc.) kill you before the guy got to your heart?

Also: Maybe he intended to 'stop the Devil' by killing the guy possessed?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »
you can get a heart out fast enough for it to still be beating   sharp knife is a heck of a tool

280plus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »
Musta been the brown mushrooms. The brown mushrooms are bad...

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »
Dude, psychedelic mushrooms do not just provoke otherwise normal, well adjusted people into an absurd crime like this. They're statistically safer than most any other drug, legal or illegal, and untold amounts are consumed by thousands upon thousands of people each year without any psychotic heart removal murders or similar incidents occurring. I don't see what your point is.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »
you can get a heart out fast enough for it to still be beating   sharp knife is a heck of a tool

Right, I missed the knife bit.

I had this vision of an ubermuscular cage fighter breaking a man's chest open with his arms.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »
Yup. Lost track of how many sternums I've opened up on pigs with one when the saw malfunctioned...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 09:31:58 AM »
Dude, psychedelic mushrooms do not just provoke otherwise normal, well adjusted people into an absurd crime like this. They're statistically safer than most any other drug, legal or illegal, and untold amounts are consumed by thousands upon thousands of people each year without any psychotic heart removal murders or similar incidents occurring. I don't see what your point is.

i just like seeing if i can get a rise outa the victimless crime posse
i'll never forget a family counseling session with my lil bro and his shrinks face asking about dropping acid.
"weren't you afraid?" and lil bro and i discussing how the first couple hundred times you're a bit nervous but then you get pretty relaxed and complacent

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »

I really don't want to know how you acquired that information  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 01:07:49 PM »
i just like seeing if i can get a rise outa the victimless crime posse
i'll never forget a family counseling session with my lil bro and his shrinks face asking about dropping acid.
"weren't you afraid?" and lil bro and i discussing how the first couple hundred times you're a bit nervous but then you get pretty relaxed and complacent

You point continues to be elusive.  Psychedelic mushrooms do not provoke fun heart-ripping-out reactions.  Possibly we should outlaw MMA fighting?  Seems that of the two noteworthy elements here (the mushrooms and the MMA fighting), the MMA fighting is the one more closely linked with going grape-nutz insane and ripping someone's heart out. 

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
i wonder what kinda roids this guy used? seena bunch of that around here with the mma guys

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 02:19:12 PM »
[quoteIf you believe in the Biblical concept of literal demons and literal demon possession, you probably also believe in the Biblical way of dealing with it. Which does not involve murder and mutilating a corpse. Those sort of rituals are not a part of any Judeo-Christian doctrine.

Uh. There's myriads of  sects/cults/whatever vaguely inspired by the Bible that have all sort of outlandish beliefs.

I fail to see your point.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.