Author Topic: Traitors, Heros, and Fools  (Read 1117 times)

Levant

• friend
Traitors, Heros, and Fools
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »
That's the subject line of a blog post on GOA about the turncoats in Missouri who I hope will be the next recall election - or at least thrown out in the next general election.

(forgot the link, here it is: http://www.gunowners.org/alert09132013.htm)

5 members of the State House and 5 members of the State Senate switched their votes in the veto override attempt over the nullification bill - an attempt to stand up for the Constitution by putting criminal penalties in place for those who enforce unconstitutional anti-gun laws in Missouri.

As it says in the article, and I'm paraphrasing, it was apparently easy to vote for something that you knew the Governor would veto so you could pretend to represent your constituency but when it came time to actually make a difference, they changed their minds.

There were several vote-switchers in each chamber, but obviously, it was the traitors in the Senate that sunk the bill.  Majority Leader Ron Richard (R-Joplin) explained his flip-flop this way:

Nullification is OK to make a statement, but if you are going to put it in law, it sends a signal that maybe you haven’t read the Constitution, especially our amateur constitutional scholars.

Apparently the statement that Senator Richard made was a false statement in which he really did not believe.  I think that's called a lie.

Come on, Missouri.  Let's show traitors there what Coloradans showed them in Colorado.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party