Author Topic: Vegas strip mass shooting!  (Read 56691 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Vegas strip mass shooting!
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2017, 06:08:13 PM »
I always thought "military grade" meant  "built by the lowest bidder".

Anybody impressed with "military grade" ain't never been in the military. :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2017, 08:07:03 PM »
As always, the usual suspects are delusional.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-at-his-local-starbucks-vegas-shooter-1507060195-htmlstory.html

Scroll down about halfway, to the segment "Republicans are unwilling to consider new gun safety laws as Democrats plead with Trump to intervene"

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said only Trump could change the stalemate in Congress, which has been unable to approve new gun safety bills, despite majority public support after the nation's repeated mass shootings.

"A small powerful lobby that represents a vast minority — a very small minority — of Americans seems to have a stranglehold on the Republican Party," Schumer said, referring to gun rights advocates, including the National Rifle Assn.

"Let's see if he has the courage, the willpower to say, 'I’m going to break with that small group' and do something that makes common sense and Americans — in overwhelming numbers, Democrats, Republicans and independents — want."

I sense a repeat of the strategy of, if you tell a lie often enough, sooner or later people start to believe it. So here's Chuckie, repeating the lie that it's only a small -- VERY small -- minority of Americans who don't want more gun control. And that "overwhelming" numbers of Americans want more gun control. If that were true, we'd be genuflecting to Her Royal Highness, President Hillary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said only Trump could change the stalemate in Congress, which has been unable to approve new gun safety bills, despite majority public support after the nation's repeated mass shootings.

"A small powerful lobby that represents a vast minority — a very small minority — of Americans seems to have a stranglehold on the Republican Party," Schumer said, referring to gun rights advocates, including the National Rifle Assn.

"Let's see if he has the courage, the willpower to say, 'I’m going to break with that small group' and do something that makes common sense and Americans — in overwhelming numbers, Democrats, Republicans and independents — want."

Now they should speak up about planned parenthood, which gives like a bajillion more dollars to politicians than the NRA does. I saw Steve Scalice said that his views on gun rights are now stronger than ever. That pretty much made lib heads explode.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »
I like how he changes "vast minority" to "very small minority."

One funny thing about the "but what if he had a silencer" people is that they don't seem to realize that he could have had silencers, if he wanted them. Whether legally, or illegally. Nobody tell them that they're actually available to those with patience and money.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
Now I am a very small minority? Well, bring on the minority rights! I do yearn for the days when we were a vast right wing conspiracy though.

Back on the suppressor thing, it could have made this or a similar situation worse if the reduced muzzle visual signature made counterfire harder to target. But I have seen no reports of counterfire and in any case he was located by smoke alarm.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »
I like how he changes "vast minority" to "very small minority."

Definitely a mixed metaphor, for sure. A minority is still a minority, so how "vast" can it be? Especially if it's a very small vast minority. Even a vast minority is, I suppose, less than a small majority.

Reminds me of the joke about the APB put out by the police after a midget fortune teller robbed a bank and escaped:

"Small medium at large."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-las-vegas-shooting-kass-1004-story.html

But let’s not forget that most killings aren’t committed by some lone sniper without apparent motive. The killings happen on the streets of big cities like Chicago, a city of strict gun control, where street gangs continue their slaughter and City Hall is powerless to stop them.

And America is numb to what happens in Chicago.

There are guns in the suburbs and in rural areas, and yet the suburbs aren’t killing fields. So if we’re going to have another gun debate, can’t we at least discuss culture, too?

I wonder how much longer Mr. Kass will be employed by the Tribune.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-las-vegas-shooting-kass-1004-story.html

I wonder how much longer Mr. Kass will be employed by the Tribune.

She's clearly culturally insensitive and should be reeducated. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »
1) expect legislation banning bump fire.  The nooz is going ape *expletive deleted*it over the bump stocks.  Expect that to be the "compromise"

No great loss, except that no loss is good. 

2) Expect the ATF to clamp down on anything that might modify a weapon to fire faster. 
3)  Don't be surprised if they go after high capacity. Pictures show 60 round magazine in the AR that was equipped with bump stock.

Quad stack magazine, from the pic I saw.

4) Expect Trump to cave, and the house Republicans to cave, on some aspects of new gun control.

My 2 cents. 

The buzz on the book of faces says Paul Ryan has shelved SHARE.  <scowl>   The supressor thing was only one of the things this would have fixed.   "We really mean it" for the unmolested passage provisions of FOPA would have been very nice to get.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2017, 10:14:33 PM »

The buzz on the book of faces says Paul Ryan has shelved SHARE.  <scowl>   The supressor thing was only one of the things this would have fixed.   "We really mean it" for the unmolested passage provisions of FOPA would have been very nice to get.

Little as I care for Ryan,  I can see the expedient part of that.  I can live with a postponement.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »

I'm sensing a theme!

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21892/professor-white-supremacist-patriarchy-responsible-paul-bois

White people and men are told that they are entitled to everything. This is what happens when they don't get what they want.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21871/rapper-white-people-are-reason-why-guns-are-hank-berrien

WHITE PEOPLE SO SCARED THEY THE REASON WHY GUNS ARE A PROBLEM IF WHITE PEOPLE PUT DOWN THE GUNZ WE ALL BE SAFE BUT NOPE! THEY VILENT - Lil B

Yikes. Do they really want to compare rates of violence by race?  :facepalm:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2017, 10:24:32 PM »

Yikes. Do they really want to compare rates of violence by race?  :facepalm:

Of course not. They just want to tell white people that white people are the problem. Actual comparisons are so boring ... especially when they don't fit the narrative.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »
Of course not. They just want to tell white people that white people are the problem. Actual comparisons are so boring ... especially when they don't fit the narrative.

They must want them some Trump. Cuz datz how u getz Trump!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »
So Kurt Eichenwald used all of Twitter's bandwidth raving about how the NRA doesn't allow people to bring MAC-10s into their headquarters. Does anybody know what he's talking about? (I mean, since he doesn't, maybe someone else does.) Anyone know what NRA's policy is about visitors with guns?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »
LA Times is calling on readers to "fix" the 2nd Amendment.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/10/03/la-times-gives-readers-the-chance-to-rewrite-the-second-amendment-wapo-offers-fix/

Also, on the Kurt Eichendweeb thing, I find it interesting that he says "all guns but handguns and hunting rifles should be outlawed". He forgot about shotguns (Hi Joe Biden!). And what, now apparently the left is okay with handguns?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »
I'm glad he picked something with an unambiguous definition, like "hunting rifle."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2017, 11:23:47 PM »
Now I am a very small minority? Well, bring on the minority rights! I do yearn for the days when we were a vast right wing conspiracy though.

Back on the suppressor thing, it could have made this or a similar situation worse if the reduced muzzle visual signature made counterfire harder to target. But I have seen no reports of counterfire and in any case he was located by smoke alarm.

Counterfire? He was on the 32nd floor of an occupied hotel. Except for the two windows he had broken out, the glass was reflective coated. Counterfire was effectively impossible. I doubt of even Carlos Hathcock would have tried the shot.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
Counterfire? He was on the 32nd floor of an occupied hotel. Except for the two windows he had broken out, the glass was reflective coated. Counterfire was effectively impossible. I doubt of even Carlos Hathcock would have tried the shot.

Bllly Dixon coulda take him out!   ;/
"It's good, though..."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2017, 12:47:20 AM »

Did they merely postpone voting on it, or did they basically throw it in the trash?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2017, 12:48:39 AM »
So Kurt Eichenwald used all of Twitter's bandwidth raving about how the NRA doesn't allow people to bring MAC-10s into their headquarters. Does anybody know what he's talking about? (I mean, since he doesn't, maybe someone else does.) Anyone know what NRA's policy is about visitors with guns?

From what I remember, it's "keep them in the holster unless you're in the gun range"

Apparently he was located because he shot a hotel security guard who was evacuating people.  Then committed suicide.  The guard was minorly injured.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2017, 12:50:42 AM »

Psycho dude was shooting at people 500 yards away.  That would have been a short putt for ol' Carlos. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2017, 01:23:13 AM »
Clearly, a ban on high capacity hotels would have saved many, since he wouldn't have gotten a good vantage point so easily.

And it's probably easier to get than a ban on "new country."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2017, 06:53:17 AM »
https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-10-02-lone-gunman-theory-of-las-vegas-shooter-is-complete-nonsense-stephen-paddock.html#

Now for some "humor" on the subject.  I could write a book on each of his points to debunk them.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2017, 07:06:55 AM »
And it's probably easier to get than a ban on "new country."

A ban on new country. That has possibilities.

Don't tell the New York Times, but this is a fisking:
http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/04/dear-jimmy-kimmel-stay-gun-debate-cant-honest/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:00:27 AM by fistful »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2017, 09:15:13 AM »
Psycho dude was shooting at people 500 yards away.  That would have been a short putt for ol' Carlos. 
I was thinking if concealed handgun holders tried to fire back, they would probably end up putting bullets into nearby rooms.  If they did go through his windows, they would end up going through to other rooms.  You might still do it.  Police carbines could have been used. 

Has anyone heard how long the guy continued to fire?  I heard it was anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour before they got into his room.  So how long did he continue to fire before he stopped?  I would have thought that sort of timeline would be out there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge