Author Topic: An interesting comparison between Russia-gate and Server-gate  (Read 858 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: An interesting comparison between Russia-gate and Server-gate
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »
If anyone on the left, anyone at all, gets anything more than a pat on the wrist over any of this crap I will be absofuckinglutly amazed.
Nothing will come of any of it.
Except for the members of Trump's team that were persecuted.
There is no justice for democrats.
 :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:04:46 PM »
The DoJ released their report on Comey today.  Many serious violations of FBI policies, security regulations, etc.  A normal person would already be in the federal pen.  Comey got a pass.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 08:56:33 PM »
If anyone on the left, anyone at all, gets anything more than a pat on the wrist over any of this crap I will be absofuckinglutly amazed.
Nothing will come of any of it.
Except for the members of Trump's team that were persecuted.
There is no justice for democrats.
 :mad:

I'm coming around to seeing things like you.

Trump was too little too late.

The overall system is so corrupt trying to fix it won't work.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »
The DoJ released their report on Comey today.  Many serious violations of FBI policies, security regulations, etc.  A normal person would already be in the federal pen.  Comey got a pass.

I haven't had a chance to read the report yet.
There's a big difference between breaking policies (gets you fired) and breaking laws (gets you arrested).
Does the report say he broke the law?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »
Yes, he broke the law.  He mishandled classified information.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
Yes, he broke the law.  He mishandled classified information.
So Horowitz/Barr are doing the same thing for him that he did for Hillary.
They admit the law was broken but they're not prosecuting because... they don't want to.
Prosecutors found the IG’s findings compelling but decided not to bring charges because they did not believe they had enough evidence of Comey’s intent to violate the law, according to multiple sources.

The concerns stem from the fact that one memo that Comey leaked to a friend specifically to be published by the media — as he admitted in congressional testimony — contained information classified at the lowest level of “confidential,” and that classification was made by the FBI after Comey had transmitted the information, the sources said.

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

McCarthy wrote about Comey's non-prosecution earlier this month and usually I would trust his judgement on such matters but he sounds a bit too close to the people involved in this:
We know that Comey shared this memo with a friend (who is also a friend of mine, and who was his intermediary with the Times), and that he shared at least some of the memos with his lawyers (who are also friends of mine). From a classified-information standpoint, however, we are talking about a small number of documents, and it is unclear that Comey knew anything in them was classified. Even if he turned out to be wrong about that, it is highly unlikely that prosecutors could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was grossly negligent in mishandling them, much less that he willfully mishandled them.

To my mind, the issue here has never been criminal misconduct in connection with classified information. The relevant matters are the non-criminal but serious impropriety in the handling of non-public government information, and the failure to protect the confidentiality of communications as to which the president has a presumptive privilege — a privilege that subordinate executive officials are obliged to respect, regardless of whether they respect the president himself.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 11:21:27 AM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.