Author Topic: MI Deer Hunters  (Read 1213 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
MI Deer Hunters
« on: November 15, 2005, 12:20:59 AM »
Hey, good luck to all of you headed out in the great state of MI deer hunting this morning!  Quite saddened it will be the first opening day I have missed, but that just means I am leaving that monster buck out ther for you Smiley

Oh, and be safe.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
They'll need it. It's been raining buckets all day. Sad

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 04:18:42 AM »
Yeah, but the weather's a changin' today.  Heard a few shots in the morning yesterday (14-15) but didn't see a darn thing. Still wondering how the farmer next door gets away with a .30-06 in the shotgun zone, but ??  rolleyes

Figure they'll be out eating this afternoon before the snow starts tonight.  Cheesy
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

jefnvk

• friend
MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 08:33:49 AM »
Hope everyone got their deer yesterday.  Today is a much crappier day to be out there, not to mention now having to drag the deer through snow.

In other good news, my little brother comes away with a 10-point as his first deer rolleyes

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 09:28:52 AM »
Last I remembered, you're way up right in the middle of the snow today cheesy

Of course, a Northern Michigan winter storm watch means you might have to wear a coat.

No snow here yet, but cold, damp, and windy.  Perfect for using scent lures!
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

jefnvk

• friend
MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 10:51:07 AM »
Unfortunately, the heavy stuff missed us.  Got rain most of the night, until midnight or so there was no accumulation.  Bit warmer down at lake level, didn't quite get the amount that some of the cities on top of the Keewenaw did

Old Dog

MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 12:36:24 PM »
Man, I miss the U.P. deer season!  Couldn't get back this year to the family property near Lake Michigamme ... settling for looking for the little Washington blacktails ...
-- Will

grampster

• friend
MI Deer Hunters
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 05:22:24 PM »
Er..Old Dog, if you'll mail me the keys to the place and a map, I'll fire up the woodstove, lay out the table for setback, cigars and cold beers.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw