Author Topic: Gun-related website ads?  (Read 1002 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Gun-related website ads?
« on: November 19, 2005, 01:52:57 PM »
With the amount of traffic my site is now getting, I'm looking for banner advertisers.

I've seen ads on AR15.com, 1911forum.com, and other sites. Most of them are very specific to those forums.

If you run across any banner ads on gun sites that are more general (holsters, for example), I'd really appreciate it if you'd mention them here.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep searching.

Thanks for any replies.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Gun-related website ads?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 02:04:34 PM »
I'd contact Brownell's, MidwayUSA, Cheaper than Dirt, and Sportsman's Guide for starters.

Gun-related website ads?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 02:36:21 PM »
Ask around for people's favorite online gunstores and C&R dealers. I'd imagine they would like the extra traffic.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Gun-related website ads?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 04:49:13 PM »
I've seen ads on AR15.com, 1911forum.com, and other sites. Most of them are very specific to those forums.
So? It typically takes no more than an hour to concoct a banner advertisement for a site if the advertiser doesn't already have a collection of generic banners in stock. I've made banners in as little as ten minutes for clients.

If I were you, I'd make a list of top notch advertisers you'd like to have, then start going after them.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

onions!

Gun-related website ads?
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 05:22:15 PM »
Do they have to be specifically gun related?I was thinking that most of the gun shops I've been in also carry knives(Spyderco/Marbles),soft goods(Dokosil,SKB),"safes",reloading equipment,holsters,& all the little crap you stuff in your bag when you go shooting(Hoppes/Tetra/Oakley).

Maybe a source for some of the more obscure as well.Old Western Scrounger comes to mind(wierd/obsolete ammo).

Just some thoughts.