Author Topic: Union thug shoots businessman who wouldn't play along  (Read 9755 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Union thug shoots businessman who wouldn't play along
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »
only to enforce and deliver to the judiciary those that HAVE broken the law
To my knowledge, not one of the people whose crimes I have interrupted and called the cops on has been delivered anywhere.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
To my knowledge, not one of the people whose crimes I have interrupted and called the cops on has been delivered anywhere.

I didn't say the system was flawless, only described what it supposed to do.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
I agree. Just to add to that train of thought... Police Officers are nothing more than people performing a job. They can quit whenever they want. They are under no legal obligation to be police officers if they decide that the job is too boring/dangerous/low paying/etc.   I like to throw that into the mix when discussing CCW and self-reliance.

Maybe I need some coffee, but I don't see the connection to CCW. 'Splain please?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
Maybe I need some coffee, but I don't see the connection to CCW. 'Splain please?

Some argue that a person doesn't need a gun/CCW because dealing with bad guys is Police Business.  My counter argument is that a police officer can quit his job anytime he wants (without repercusions), but I don't have the option to "quit" being a victim, nor can I demand the police protect me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Plans tend to evaporate when you wake up at 2am from your wife elbowing you in the ribs and telling you somebody is stealing the car you need to drive to work in the morning.

Stealing horses was at one time a hanging offense- a person's livelyhood depended on the horse. Not sure why it should be any different today.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
Because the death penalty is Uncivilize...

Sorry. I refuse to finish typing that.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 11:23:44 PM »
I believe I have a moral, societal, and religious obligation to resist evil. Allowing evil to go unresisted is, in itself, immoral. Risking getting shot over my car may not be the best choice in a cost benefit analysis, but I do not think it is the right thing to do.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:27 AM »
Some argue that a person doesn't need a gun/CCW because dealing with bad guys is Police Business.  My counter argument...

I think you can stop right there. Ain't no counterargument for that kinda dumb.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 01:29:24 AM »
I don't have the option to "quit" being a victim

That's why you arm yourself. So you won't be a helpless victim
Also that route helps mr. badguy develop a case of "catastrophic failure of the victim selection process".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams